Who to use for an island tour

gavvy

Then you should join a public tour because a private tour would be pricey and unless you know something special you want to do, both public and private tours go pretty much the same places based on where your ship docks.

Many people use Godfrey (Godfrey's Tours), and you can find him online. 

There will also be plenty of taxi drivers at the dock offering public, group tours. I would go with a driver whose accent you can understand and who has a good sound system. I've been on tours where those were issues so I learned from experience.

I saw this tour guide on a YouTube video, and put his number in my phone, because I thought he was good. His name is Ivan. 3406436963.

• Thanks 1

Hi, I booked Godfrys tour, doing an island tour, and the price looked good.  The booking did not give me an opportunity to tell them what ship I was on so will probably need to contact them!

Thanks for sharing your plans. It helps others enjoy their time on the island, and the price is a good value. Good introduction to St Thomas.

Please share your experience after Godfrey's tour. I love reading what others think, and I usually learn something that helps me enjoy my time on cruises.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/16/2023 at 10:34 AM, gavvy said:

Hi, I booked Godfrys tour, doing an island tour, and the price looked good.  The booking did not give me an opportunity to tell them what ship I was on so will probably need to contact them!

I just booked Godfrey for this upcoming July. I was able to add the specifics on the website in the notes field.  My ship ports later in the day (1pm) so I had to select the earlier time he offered and let him know. I confirmed this beforehand via email.  This will be my third time using him on island.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...