WHEELCHAIR/SCOOTER ACCESSIBLE TOURS IN BERMUDA

sportscruiser

Going in July to Bermuda with my niece and sister. Sister needs to be in a wheelchair or scooter. Does anyone know of any "walking tours" or accessible van tours? Also, do the public ferries to Hamilton/St. George have accessibility? What about NCL complimentary St. George ferry? My sister just got back from a cruise but had been to all the ports before so she didn't get off but has never been to Bermuda. Thanks for any advice.

First of all, if your sister is going to bring/rent a scooter you might need an accessible stateroom, depending on the scooter width.  And you will need to notify NCL about any mobility issues ahead of your cruise.  

As far as the accessible tours, it is a lot harder to find a tour that will accommodate a scooter (again, depending on the size / foldability of the scooter).  Wheelchairs can be folded and are more easily stowed in the tour vehicle.  

If you are looking at tours through NCL, check here:   (scroll down to mobility disabilities) 

https://www.ncl.com/about/accessible-cruising#advnoti    This link discusses shore excursions.   I would definitely contact NCL's shore excursion people (phone number in link) to discuss what excursions they will have available on your cruise for wheelchair or scooter users.  

Here's an older discussion of NCL's ferry.  

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2652612-complimentary-bermuda-tenders-to-st-georges/

and a newer discussion:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2856420-ncl-bermuda-ferry/

We will be in Bermuda in June and my husband is a full time electric wheelchair user. We booked a island tour with Bermudaful Island Tours. Their web page is Bermudafulisland.com and the email I have been getting responses from is bermudafulisland@gmail.com. We have a private tour and we can choose what we want to see and don't have to worry about rushing and the van has a lift to get the wheelchair into it. 

Thanks everyone! Sounds like both public and NCL ferries can be accessed w/scooter or wheelchair. @kokopelli-az, appreciate the links w/pictures. I was worried when someone in that thread mentioned having to lift them on because they wouldn't be able to lift her on but the pictures looked like she could ride the scooter right on or be pushed on the wheelchair aboard. Thanks for the handicapped tour information too, I'll definitely have her look into those.