Orient Beach - Seaweed

Michele035

Just back from Orient Beach and wanted to let people know about the seaweed I experienced.  We were on an excursion with Celebrity, and we were at the Wai Plage resort.  The seaweed was really bad, both on the beach as well as in the water.  it was very uncomfortable and unpleasant to go into the water.  We did walk further down the beach (closer to Bikini and String beach) and it wasn't as bad.  Not sure if this is an everyday occurrence but I had seen people ask about it and since I was just there wanted to give people a heads up and some options on where to sit.  I hadn't been to Orient since the 2017 hurricane, and you can definitely tell both here at on the rest of the island the damage that had been done.  The great news is that they are definitely making headway on building back up.  I was very happy to see St Martin back on some cruise itineraries as it is my favorite island.  People are still the best!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/18/2023 at 8:49 PM, sunsetme said:

just returned, no seaweed, great day at the beach but rental chairs are expensive as is the taxi fare ($25 for 2 each way).

Thank you for this info. This is about Orient Beach specifically correct?

Thanks for any help about current conditions at Orient.