Red hook or Manhattan now that Red hook is housing the homeless?

Lakesregion

On 3/16/2023 at 5:41 PM, bluemarble said:

Thanks for that report. The ship at Brooklyn that day was Caribbean Princess according to a thread about that voyage I found on this forum. It looks like Prinsendam was also in Manhattan that day.

Excellent, thank you for the detail on the ship in Brooklyn.

I caught Prinsendam departing and Silver Whisper was alongside too.

115313CB-2130-471E-A55B-1F9E51CE717A.jpeg

14971A89-1FD5-4F3E-A31F-1D3D48A38492.jpeg

8846FA0A-982E-49BE-B313-399B6916E270.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RICHARD@SEA said:

We sailed on QM2 out of Manhattan back in Feb 2005 ...

Msc Meraviglia will return to Manhattan in Apr 2023 doing Bermuda, bahama & New England cruises this year.

The MSC Meraviglia on april 20 will arrive at Red Hook I think, not in Manhatten. We are on that 11 day sailing from Port Canaveral to NY. Later in the year I will do a QM2 Crossing from NY to Hamburg, and I think it will be also from Red Hook, Brooklyn.

3 hours ago, Nikita4 said:

The MSC Meraviglia on april 20 will arrive at Red Hook I think, not in Manhatten. We are on that 11 day sailing from Port Canaveral to NY. Later in the year I will do a QM2 Crossing from NY to Hamburg, and I think it will be also from Red Hook, Brooklyn.

yes  sorry - Meraviglia will be sailing in & out of Brooklyn this year..... I was actually thinking of when I sailed on Meraviglia out of Manhattan a couple of years ago....thank you!

I could only wish MSC was using the Manhattan piers....very convenient for me & so spectacular!!!

But we certainly did sail out of Manhattan on QM2 for that carib cruise.

One additional piece of the puzzle is that the New York cruise schedule has now been updated to include the 2023 schedule for the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal (BCT). The last time I checked a day or two ago it was only showing the schedule for the Manhattan Cruise Terminal (MCT).

Here is the link to that NYCruise schedule maintained by the New York City Economic Development Corporation (NYCEDC). To my knowledge this is the closest we have to an official schedule for those terminals.

https://nycruise.com/schedule/

• 2 weeks later...