Club Orange: concierge and tender questions.

olya1972

I have few questions regarding Club Orange benefits. How does priority embarkation work for Club Orange - same as for Neptune Suit - you arrive at port at your assigned embarkation time and just walk onto the ship once cleared, avoiding line? Also, how does priority tender benefit works? Does it mean you don’t need to get tender tickets and once tendering starts you just walk down to the area? What happens at the tender line already at the tender embarkation area - you join general line there? My last question is about concierge service - where is the concierge for Club Orange located? Can you call concierge from the room or does one have to physically go to the concierge location area if there is a question? ( Ship is Rotterdam, if that makes a difference. ) Thank You.

On our cruise last month, at tender ports people who wanted to go ashore had to go to a specific location to get a tender ticket.  They were held in there until a tender was available.  The Club Orange and Neptune passengers we allowed to bypass this and go right to the tender boarding area and were the first ones on the next tender.  Very well organized IMO and a nice CO perk.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

We just did Club Orange on the Koningsdam in February so your experience should be similar.

Priority Embarkation - your boarding pass will say 'Priority' but won't indicate club orange.  Just tell the HAL people controlling the lines your club orange and you walk through.  Our boarding pass said 1:30 embarkation (but with priority on it) but we walked on before 11:30.

Tendering - just join the line showing your key card (it will have orange coloring).  We just joined at the last stairs going down to A deck.  No problems.

Concierge - there is a number to call -95- for the club orange concierge, you'll get a notice about it in your room when you first arrive.  If you do want to go up to the desk there is a separate line for Club Orange.  Just FYI - at the shore excursion desk there wasn't a roped off line but there was a club orange sign, I just stood there and was helped as soon as someone was available however I did get stares from folks in the regular line who probably never heard of CO.  

• Thanks 2

In July 2022, we took a cruise on the new Rotterdam out of Amsterdam.  Line attendant in terminal did not recognize Club Orange for priority boarding and merely directed us to standard boarding line.  She had no idea what Club Orange was.

Club Orange Concierge Desk on ship was great.  While there tended to be a long line for standard Conceierge Desk, we just walked up to the Club Orange Desk.

18 minutes ago, Kamfish642 said:

In July 2022, we took a cruise on the new Rotterdam out of Amsterdam.  Line attendant in terminal did not recognize Club Orange for priority boarding and merely directed us to standard boarding line.  She had no idea what Club Orange was.

Club Orange Concierge Desk on ship was great.  While there tended to be a long line for standard Conceierge Desk, we just walked up to the Club Orange Desk.

Typical poor HAL training!

1 hour ago, Kamfish642 said:

If this happens to any future CO person nicely ask to speak to the person in charge.  The first person my husband spoke to at the port didn’t know what he was talking about but the lady in charge overheard and gave the first person a mini training lesson.  

• Like 2

Just now, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

It's a great benefit for guests 

Yes, I purchased it to upgrade from VH obstructed veranda to unobstructed balcony room. The CO restaurant is great. We used it when traveling in Neptune Suite. I view that as an extra perk. My main reason for buying the service was room upgrade.

49 minutes ago, 81Zoomie said:

Just so you are not surprised, there is no Suite or CO priority tendering in Half Moon Cay.  Not certain if there are any other ports where this is the case as well.

When and on which ship was this? Was this to and/or from the island? All I've heard and read is that CO-guests can go directly to the tender and that other guests need to get a ticket somewhere on the ship first.

13 minutes ago, MO7 said:

When and on which ship was this? Was this to and/or from the island? All I've heard and read is that CO-guests can go directly to the tender and that other guests need to get a ticket somewhere on the ship first.

It’s been my experience that they feel they don’t need to give priority because they have the big tenders and they hold a lot of people.  I beg to differ because I’ve experienced being backed up the stairs and unable to easily navigate getting out of an elevator.  My experience was pre Covid though.

• Like 1

We are on the Nieuw Amsterdam, but it is the same on all HAL ships at Half Moon Cay.  I would inquire about Grand Cayman as well because they sometimes use the big tenders there too.  Priority is normally given only when leaving the ship when using ship tenders/life boats. We have never seen any priority given when returning to the ship.

On 3/21/2023 at 3:22 PM, MO7 said:

Because the large boats are used there isn't any need for priority because people can usually just go to the tender deck and get on without a wait.  

Hi all...

Basic question from a HAL newbie.  I booked a Neptune suite tonight and added the HIA package.  Is the Orange perk different/better from the perks with the HIA?

Sorry if it's a 'silly' question, but I'm totally new to HAL.

1 hour ago, tymike said:

Hi all...

Basic question from a HAL newbie.  I booked a Neptune suite tonight and added the HIA package.  Is the Orange perk different/better from the perks with the HIA?

Sorry if it's a 'silly' question, but I'm totally new to HAL.

If you have a neptune suite, you have the orange perk, it's included.

-gregma

• Like 1

@tymike HIA, Neptune perks and Club Orange have their individual sets of included items.  They do overlap with priority boarding and tendering which also comes with a Neptune Suite.  Depending on what ship you are on the dining room would be different for CO dinners and possibly breakfast.

Please look on the HAL website for the perks of all listed and read the numerous other recent threads discussing them.

Frequently Asked Questions | Holland America

Cruise Ship Rooms - Suites & Staterooms | Holland America

Club Orange Program Benefits | Holland America Line

Have It All Early Booking Bonus | Holland America Line

Have a great trip!

~Nancy

Thank you, all for the replies. We just returned from the cruise. There were no tender ports except HMC, and tenders there were large boats as stated above, no priority ( neither was it needed). Overall we were very happy with purchasing Club Orange. The cabin we upgraded to was great ( from VH to V with 109 sq ft balcony midship, Rotterdam). Club Orange restaurant was excellent and was worth the money we paid for us. Club Orange concierge was at the general Customer Service area, but separate, very short line. Few times that we went there, there was huge line circling the atrium for general Customer Service. 

We're waiting for the ship to be cleared to use the tender to go to HMC, but the passengers with Club Orange can go directly to the tender where non CO's need to get a ticket for the tender first, so there is a priority system at HMC, at least at the Rotterdam today.

We are on Rotterdam, and today is Half Moon Cay.  We got this letter in our stateroom last night.  

254B1FD5-AE3E-4BB1-A4BF-2D0CCB6805C6.thumb.jpeg.d0c6ac764ee430d7e2220467f23de522.jpeg

sorry , just noticed the letter was for stars, here is the CO note: 

B188037B-D8AC-467A-B402-CA6FFF821182.thumb.jpeg.5898b75841612fa7f87e7e6beda74641.jpeg

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MO7 said:

We're waiting for the ship to be cleared to use the tender to go to HMC, but the passengers with Club Orange can go directly to the tender where non CO's need to get a ticket for the tender first, so there is a priority system at HMC, at least at the Rotterdam today.

We were on HMC 3/28/23. We were in CO. We did not receive any notes in the room.