Bridge Tour

Richteab

3 minutes ago, Gardendog said:

On our last onward cruise, Lima to Miami, DH went in one when I was in the spa.

Ah good the policy must have been recently relaxed.  How was it arranged who did DH approach to be included in the tour and was it free of charge or part of a behind the scenes package like they used to offer?

• Like 1

On Onward, they seem to be available if you ask, but are not publicized. 

I was at the customer service desk (asking about OBC) when I overheard a lady passenger asking if bridge tours were available. She wanted to sign up a tour for her husband. The agent said yes, and signed him up on the spot. Was that you Gardendog?

I'll speculate that they are offered to VIPs. Ordinary folks, like me, need to ask.

Edited by Mercruiser
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was in the spa and DH was in the Living Room. He overheard a group gathering for a bridge tour and asked if he could join and they said yes. I don’t think we are VIPs . .  .he just happened to be there and got to go. He thought it was very interesting. He witnessed Captain Carl signing all those crossing the Equator certificates.

It was fine with me to miss it . . . 

• Like 1

On the Onward right now (in Tenerife). In an ordinary veranda stateroom.Yesterday morning we got an invitation to a bridge tour at 2 am that day. 

12 visitors to the bridge for two hours and we saw everything!!

No idea why we out of 700 were invited. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, leavesofapple said:

On the Onward right now (in Tenerife). In an ordinary veranda stateroom.Yesterday morning we got an invitation to a bridge tour at 2 am that day. 

12 visitors to the bridge for two hours and we saw everything!!

No idea why we out of 700 were invited. 

Pm of course. 

On 3/15/2023 at 11:08 AM, Mercruiser said:

On Onward, they seem to be available if you ask, but are not publicized. 

I was at the customer service desk (asking about OBC) when I overheard a lady passenger asking if bridge tours were available. She wanted to sign up a tour for her husband. The agent said yes, and signed him up on the spot. Was that you Gardendog?

I'll speculate that they are offered to VIPs. Ordinary folks, like me, need to ask.

Interesting!  We recently completed the 12nt South African Intensive on the Journey, and DW mentioned twice that she had met guests who had been chatting about their bridge tours.  I was frustrated that I missed sign ups in the Insider only to find out that they were never publicized.  Had I known to ask Guest Relations, I certainly would have.  Next time I guess...

• Thanks 1