Freedom of the Seas questions

My last cruise was in '18, was supposed to cruise on Harmony in '20 but we all know how that worked out.  My husband and I are sailing on Freedom for 4 short nights in October.  I have googled my questions but haven't found the answers, hoping someone can chime in here and also give me some opinions on other questions.  Thank you!

Which menus are used on a 4 night cruise? Is there a formal night (or a best dressed whatever it's called now) on a 4 night?  My itinerary is sea day, Nassau, CocoCay if that helps.

Is there a comedy show offered and if so once, twice etc?  My last cruise was Allure and needed reservations for shows.  

I know Freedom doesn't have a Broadway show but what do they offer in the main theatre?

I know Freedom does not have a dedicated Starbucks but offers Starbucks coffee in the Cafe Promenade.  Will those Starbucks coffees be covered with deluxe drink package, love me a hot Starbucks White Mocha!

Not planning to get off in Nassau, is the ship too busy to enjoy the pools/slides?

Is The Key worth it when my priority is just early embarkation time and late debarkation time or is it easy to get an early embarkation time checking in at midnight of day 45?  (We are considering Key since wifi is included if we can justify it with boarding early)   

Thank you for your help! I am so ready to sail again.

4 hours ago, Shula22 said:

Which menus are used on a 4 night cruise? Is there a formal night (or a best dressed whatever it's called now) on a 4 night?  My itinerary is sea day, Nassau, CocoCay if that helps.

Is there a comedy show offered and if so once, twice etc?  My last cruise was Allure and needed reservations for shows.  

I know Freedom doesn't have a Broadway show but what do they offer in the main theatre?

I know Freedom does not have a dedicated Starbucks but offers Starbucks coffee in the Cafe Promenade.  Will those Starbucks coffees be covered with deluxe drink package, love me a hot Starbucks White Mocha!

Most of that info can be found in the app if you set it to a close in similar sailing (like this week). Yes on the coffee. 

20 hours ago, Shula22 said:

My last cruise was in '18, was supposed to cruise on Harmony in '20 but we all know how that worked out.  My husband and I are sailing on Freedom for 4 short nights in October.  I have googled my questions but haven't found the answers, hoping someone can chime in here and also give me some opinions on other questions.  Thank you!

Not planning to get off in Nassau, is the ship too busy to enjoy the pools/slides?

Is The Key worth it when my priority is just early embarkation time and late debarkation time or is it easy to get an early embarkation time checking in at midnight of day 45?  (We are considering Key since wifi is included if we can justify it with boarding early)   

Thank you for your help! I am so ready to sail again.

The ship will not be too busy to enjoy the pool/slides. The majority of passengers get off the ship in port. You will have a huge selection of chairs poolside.

If you are using The Key for only early embarkation and late debarkation, don't bother getting it. Arrival/boarding times are not being enforced at most locations. Get as early a time as you can. If it's later than you want, just show up when you want, you'll most likely be able to board when you get there, provided the terminal is open and they are boarding already. As for debarkation, tell them you have a late flight and they'll give you a late debarkation time. If the time is later than you want, stay on the ship for a while longer. They don't force you off the ship until the last group has been called.

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
On 3/16/2023 at 11:28 AM, Shula22 said:

Thank you!  I did not realize I could look up other sailings on the app, it did answer all of my questions! 

Can I ask how you looked up other sailings in the app?  I can't seem to figure it out, it asks for a reservation number.  I'm curious about some of the same things on Freedom and I leave on the 21st.

44 minutes ago, ivesk22 said:

Can I ask how you looked up other sailings in the app?  I can't seem to figure it out, it asks for a reservation number.  I'm curious about some of the same things on Freedom and I leave on the 21st.

Open the app to your cruise. Click "Select a different cruise". Scroll down to "Don't see your cruise?". Click "Let's add it now". Click "Browse our ships". Select a ship and the date and you'll be able to see the activities.

9 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Open the app to your cruise. Click "Select a different cruise". Scroll down to "Don't see your cruise?". Click "Let's add it now". Click "Browse our ships". Select a ship and the date and you'll be able to see the activities.

Nice!  Thank you!