Breakfast in Jacksonville

Sabalon

We're getting in late the night before our cruise.   Been years since I've gone out of Jacksonville but remember getting to the port being pretty easy. 
But (without going downtown) what are some good places to get breakfast before heading into the fray?
When we cruised out of Miami, breakfast before was probably one of the highlights - especially since we had to get my daughter to translate.  Not expecting something that perfect, but would be nice to have something other than McDonalds.
Thanks

12 hours ago, Sabalon said:

We're getting in late the night before our cruise.   Been years since I've gone out of Jacksonville but remember getting to the port being pretty easy. 
But (without going downtown) what are some good places to get breakfast before heading into the fray?
When we cruised out of Miami, breakfast before was probably one of the highlights - especially since we had to get my daughter to translate.  Not expecting something that perfect, but would be nice to have something other than McDonalds.
Thanks

Good morning, where are you staying the night before your cruise? Then I can give you a better idea of where to go for breakfast. I have lived here since 1965 so know a few places🙂

I was just re-reading your post. So, you are driving here from GA, correct? You staying near the port/airport? There is a shopping center called Rivercity Market Place with a Panera's and a Cracker Barrell. Those would be 2 breakfast options. You don't want to go downtown/over the bridge so I won't recommend anything else......although some local options are higher on my list🙂they are just further away.

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Good morning, where are you staying the night before your cruise? Then I can give you a better idea of where to go for breakfast. I have lived here since 1965 so know a few places🙂

We haven't booked a place yet.  Would prefer to be closer to the port, so probably the NE or SE part of 295. 
Chicken and egg...was trying to figure out the breakfast place to figure out where to book... 🙂   Be glad to hear some local recommendations!  🙂

59 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I was just re-reading your post. So, you are driving here from GA, correct? You staying near the port/airport? There is a shopping center called Rivercity Market Place with a Panera's and a Cracker Barrell. Those would be 2 breakfast options. You don't want to go downtown/over the bridge so I won't recommend anything else......although some local options are higher on my list🙂they are just further away.

Yes...driving down from Atlanta.  Will look at there...not too far off from the port.  Haven't picked a place to stay yet so am somewhat flexible.  Would prefer to avoid things that we can get here...but there is also something to be said for a known quantity!

19 minutes ago, Sabalon said:

Yes...driving down from Atlanta.  Will look at there...not too far off from the port.  Haven't picked a place to stay yet so am somewhat flexible.  Would prefer to avoid things that we can get here...but there is also something to be said for a known quantity!

If you just want to stay up by the port? (If you arriving late)I would just go to Cracker Barrell. 

As for local.......we have a place called Metro Diner. VERY well known. IF you want something local, I would recommend them. The closest one would be located on Hendricks Ave......about a 20 minute drive from the port. Here is a link and you can see all the locations. Some much further south than the port......

https://metrodiner.com/

The other place I would recommend is Maple Street Biscuit Company. Not sure if you have them in Atlanta or not.

Anyway, there is one in San Marco (Sort of near the above Metro on Hendricks Ave)

Here is a link to them:

https://locations.maplestreetbiscuits.com/en-us/fl/jacksonville/san-marco/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

As for local.......we have a place called Metro Diner. VERY well known. IF you want something local, I would recommend them. The closest one would be located on Hendricks Ave......about a

Thanks...will take a look at those two.  Never heard of the Maple Street Biscuit Company.  Reminds me a bit of Biscuit Head in Asheville - amazing out the door lines, even when it's freezing out.    Meanwhile the Carrot Cake pancakes at the other place sound good too!  We do have a (completely different) Metro diner downtown...yours looks better! 

6 hours ago, Sabalon said:

Thanks...will take a look at those two.  Never heard of the Maple Street Biscuit Company.  Reminds me a bit of Biscuit Head in Asheville - amazing out the door lines, even when it's freezing out.    Meanwhile the Carrot Cake pancakes at the other place sound good too!  We do have a (completely different) Metro diner downtown...yours looks better! 

Glad to help......Metro serves BIG portions and breakfast is a BIG deal there🙂....they make an excellent fried chicken and waffles.....if you are so inclined.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2023 at 6:32 PM, dlphn501 said:

I second Metro Diner and Maple St Biscuit!  There is also a Denny's on the same road as the airport.

Thanks.  We're driving down and staying by Southpoint which has a Metro Diner not far away.  About 15 miles from the port - which I hope with the population being a quarter of Atlanta metro area means an easier drive than if we were here!

5 hours ago, Sabalon said:

Thanks.  We're driving down and staying by Southpoint which has a Metro Diner not far away.  About 15 miles from the port - which I hope with the population being a quarter of Atlanta metro area means an easier drive than if we were here!

Hi again😀 the Metro near Southpoint is on Baymeadows Road but I am guessing you will have that on your GPS.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There's also a Maple Street Biscuit Company on Bay Meadows, over by 295.  Real easy to hop onto 295 to head to the port after breakfast.  With either MSBC or Metro you can't go wrong.  Southpoint area also has a Cracker Barrel.

Edited by Nilbog

10 hours ago, Rothko1 said:

Y'all are fancy.  Give me a Waffle House and I'm happy.

I love Waffle House too but I think the OP was asking for a "local place" rather than a chain. 

14 hours ago, Lois R said:

I love Waffle House too but I think the OP was asking for a "local place" rather than a chain. 

LMAO....I love me some Waffle House, but being in Georgia, I can stumble 500ft and hit a few on the way!   

Was looking for a local place.  We ended up at Another Broken Egg, which I did not know was a chain until later, but at least it was a chain I'd never eaten at before.  

• 1 month later...