And the Confusion Continues

Smitheroo

Agree with @RocketMan275,  You've been phished.

Bank of America had a large data breach a little while back.  And, NCL's credit card is issued through BoA.  Work it through BoA.

Edited by graphicguy

14 hours ago, Smitheroo said:

As I was being assured that there were no fraud alerts on my new BOA account (thru the NCL Mastercard) charges were still being declined and I was still receiving letters from BOA, threatening to close my account if I didnt respond in 25 days.  

And you don't believe that is phishing?  Sorry to predict, but it's only a matter of time before something bad happens as a result of your falling for these attacks.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RocketMan275 said:

Chase declined a purchase because of a suspicious transaction which was my purchase of a computer from Dell.  Chase told me the decline was because I didn't have a recent  history of dealing with Dell.  I did point out to them that one didn't normally purchase computers every month.  

I believe it!  Apparently BOA is notorious for doing this. My son in law told me that he got declined every time he shopped at a certain grocery store.  Finally he called them and told them not to place any more fraud alerts on his account, especially for that particular grocery store.  They listened, he hasnt had a problem since. And it looks like my confusion has been fixed also.  No more declined charges.   Despite the opinion of some on this forumj I dont expect to have any more problems from them.

15 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

And you don't believe that is phishing?  Sorry to predict, but it's only a matter of time before something bad happens as a result of your falling for these attacks.

I guess you had to be part of the back and forth discussion. What you are understanding is "hearsay".   I tried to be concise so didnt post every single word that was written/spoken.   It was frustrating for sure but not worrisome.   I'm not stupid and despite having at least a dozen credit cards, and losing some of them regularly, nothing bad has ever happened.  I monitor them regularly which is why I freaked out about BOA/Mastercard/NCL  Although I believe it can happen, I havent had a problem with Chase, Wells Fargo, Barclay, citi, Capital One and a few other store cards.

19 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

It's not advised to respond to these kinds of email/texts/phone calls.  It only encourages them since a response confirms the address is valid.  

Exactly..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Agree with @RocketMan275,  You've been phished.

Bank of America had a large data breach a little while back.  And, NCL's credit card is issued through BoA.  Work it through BoA.

Then why did they put the actual NCl phone number?    

guess I’m the only one that doesn’t think it’s a phishing situation.   

and I’m very savvy when it comes to these situations.      

7 minutes ago, Cruise5life said:

Did you miss the part where the number given was for a PCC, not NCL directly?

33 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Did you miss the part where the number given was for a PCC, not NCL directly?

Did I miss it ????🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️    I posted it. Lolol     And it does go to NCL.  
 But thanks for stopping by.   

Edited by Cruise5life

22 minutes ago, Cruise5life said:

Did I miss it ????🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️    I posted it. Lolol     And it does go to NCL.  
 But thanks for stopping by.   

OK, believe what you wish.  I see red flags.

When I call my PCC, my call goes to my PCC, not NCL. If I got a letter from a PCC that I knew, I might call them and ask questions, although I'd probably skip the middleman and call corporate. Correspondence from my PCC always has names, emails, etc. and would probably say "call me" not a generic "call us". OP never indicated that they even had a PCC, let alone this one.

2 hours ago, Cruise5life said:

I agree with you and believe it was 100% legit.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruise5life said:

It’s what the phishing scammers do. They try to look as legit as they can.

Again, this is a BoA issue.  Work with them to remove.  They issued the credit card.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

It’s what the phishing scammers do. They try to look as legit as they can.

Again, this is a BoA issue.  Work with them to remove.  They issued the credit card.

I know what phishing is.     And you don’t use the actual phone number to the company you’re trying to spoof.   Lolol.  

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

It seems to be fine now. The only reason I told NCL  was because my purchase for an NCL CruiseFirst certificate was declined.   Its been fixed and I have my certificate on my account plus other charges are going through normally

4 hours ago, julig22 said:

Correspondence from my PCC always has names, emails, etc. and would probably say "call me" not a generic "call us". OP never indicated that they even had a PCC, let alone this on

THis is really getting out of hand. People are  discussing (arguing?) points that I (the OP) never  made.  NCL is not my PCC because I am not booking a cruise yet.  The email from them was telling me that the charge for my CruiseFirst certificate  that I tried to purchase  (which I did, nothing phoney about that) had been declined and if I wanted the certificate I'd have to supply another form of payment.   That's all it was.  The only reason I even brought it up in my post was because it added to the  confusion. (thus the title of my post)  I should add that I didnt give them another form of payment. I just put the purchase through again and it worked. 

Edited by Smitheroo
add

19 hours ago, Smitheroo said:

THis is really getting out of hand. People are  discussing (arguing?) points that I (the OP) never  made.  NCL is not my PCC because I am not booking a cruise yet.  The email from them was telling me that the charge for my CruiseFirst certificate  that I tried to purchase  (which I did, nothing phoney about that) had been declined and if I wanted the certificate I'd have to supply another form of payment.   That's all it was.  The only reason I even brought it up in my post was because it added to the  confusion. (thus the title of my post)  I should add that I didnt give them another form of payment. I just put the purchase through again and it worked. 

I think I started the PCC.    But the number on the form is 100% to NCL.   And asks if you have an extension to press the #.     And that would go to a PCC air you had one and didn’t want to go to the general line.    

im 100% sure it’s not a phishing scheme.   

1 hour ago, Cruise5life said:

OLOL.   There was no link.  Lolol. Just a phone number   Geez.    Lol 

Right, there was no link. I know never to click on a link in an email    I think people are getting more and more paranoid these days. 

• Like 1