San Francisco Pier to Oakland Airport - Time Needed for Flight

cruzin4us

Hi All,

I'm actually asking a question that I would normally respond to as "no way".....but, here goes.

Southwest just changed my flight to 10:50 a.m. out of OAK (Oakland).   If I am able to get priority elite disembarkation (and tote my own luggage), do you think I could make a 10:50 flight out of OAK?    Ship is supposed to arrive in San Francisco at 7:00 a.m. and I'd grab an Uber for the trip to the airport.

I know the ship could be delayed, yada yada.......but would any of you attempt to make that flight?    My next option is a flight at 3:55 pm but I'd much rather catch the 10:50 flight if it is do-able.

Thoughts?

Weekend, straight shot, no issues, less than 45 minutes from pier to terminal. From there pad in check-in, security, and dash to gate. 

Plenty of time if off the boat by 8ish. Good luck!

1 hour ago, Philob said:

Weekend, straight shot, no issues, less than 45 minutes from pier to terminal. From there pad in check-in, security, and dash to gate. 

Plenty of time if off the boat by 8ish. Good luck!

Thank you......that's my hope too 🙂.   Dash to the gate!    I know I'm cutting it close, but I'll stand at the exit door of the ship and haul butt.    Appreciate your response with a time line.

The good thing about Southwest is you can usually change to the later flight in the day if you realize that you won't make it for the 10:50 and cancel/change in time.  I don't remember the exact policy but check on that.

Good Luck,

~Nancy