Pros and cons of bed by the balcony?

rpht

We have always had a cabin with the seating area by the balcony and the bed closer to the bathroom/hallway. Doing a B2B and can only get the same cabin for both cruises that has bed by the balcony. Does anyone have experience with that arrangement---and if so, are there any advantages/disadvantages? It looks awkward. Know we should have booked earlier! TIA

I think you will be fine. We just spent 16 days B2B in the bed-by-the-balcony arrangement. In that case, I like it if the side of bed by window is my husband's!!! he is the earlier riser.

Seating area near the door is much handier for room service, or if you have friends or family also cruising, that might want to come in from the hall.

I've had two cruises where this was an option and took it both times. This was on the Norwegian Epic. It also appears to be the most popular of the two as those cabins, at least on the Epic, sell out before the others. I just like it that way, though I'm not sure why.

7 hours ago, rpht said:

Thanks---makes me feel a little better about it. We will be 24 days and lots of sea days.

I forgot to say, we liked this cabin (and its location) enough we are booked in the same one for a 35-day South Pacific cruise next February!

Edited by crystalspin

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2023 at 7:09 PM, rpht said:

We have always had a cabin with the seating area by the balcony and the bed closer to the bathroom/hallway. Doing a B2B and can only get the same cabin for both cruises that has bed by the balcony. Does anyone have experience with that arrangement---and if so, are there any advantages/disadvantages? It looks awkward. Know we should have booked earlier! TIA

We make sure that this is the configuration that we have sitting area first, then bed 

Main Reasons -  it offers a better walk line into the room, so you do not have to “go round” the bed, and to be truthful, the sofa first is a great place to let the jacket, bags drop when you get back from an excursion and want to catch a quick bite or drink. And psychological it seem to offer more privacy when opening the door or when cabin attendant is making up the room 

And as for who is nearest the balcony - she who gets up the most on the night always gets the side nearest the bathroom 🤣