enough is enough

Brucerw

On 3/17/2023 at 10:26 AM, suzyed said:

We use an outside travel agent 90% of the time and now after hearing many stories like yours, I feel like we are making the right decision to do so.  Of course using a travel agent is not foolproof and there are some that are not so swift, but I still will take my chances with a ta.

if princess will not honor the pricing. (they probably consider the price he paid a "mistake fare". their website has been famous for underpricing cruises lately). HOW is a TA going to change princesses decision?       the travel agents can't afford to piss of any of the cruise lines and lose some perk they are offered by the major lines.  a good ta can save you the time to call,, but how could they possibly change a superiorvisors decision of a cruise line?

On 3/21/2023 at 11:48 AM, Brucerw said:

As I said I would do, I got a call from a princess rep and we got everything fixed. I want to thank everyone for their comments and reading my vents. The person whom called me showed me that even though my experience sucked there are people there who understand the nature of their business. 

how did they explain that their mistake happened and how did the other princess rep's not realize it? did they say the pricing was a computer glitch but this particular supervisor would honor it?

On 3/17/2023 at 12:35 PM, billco said:

In my experience with Princess Customer Service over the years I have found the best way to deal with it is to learn from what others have had to deal with and to be careful to not put myself into similar situations. One way is not to book specialty dinners prior to the cruise.  We haven’t had an issue booking the time we want on board.

Exactly. Don't book specialty dinners prior to the cruise. What a headache it's been for us. And good luck getting any resolution from Princess' customer service. They couldn't care less about you or your issue.

2 hours ago, warren buffet said:

how did they explain that their mistake happened and how did the other princess rep's not realize it? did they say the pricing was a computer glitch but this particular supervisor would honor it?

I am surprised there are still people posting comments regarding what they assume was a ‘mistake’ fare when you were upgraded. As I posted in one of my previous replies in this thread, Princess has and obviously still does give complimentary upgrades during the booking process, but it seems mostly with accessible/handicapped cabins if the category you are looking to book is sold out. I know ‘handicapped’ is not used anymore but it seems when I have said accessible, some people do not know what I am talking about.

The OP also shared, he eventually canceled the sailing where he was upgraded, so that is not the issue, as he did not sail, but I think it added to his frustration with Princess in getting them to ‘honor’ the fare.

The straw that broke the camels back was being ‘double’ charged for the upgrade from Plus to Premium pkg after being refunded once for a double billing.

The OP also posted in post #43, the issue was resolved. So it seems some people are making comments without reviewing all of the history/past posts regarding this thread!

Please read my reply post #12.

Edited by wallyj

10 hours ago, warren buffet said:

Actually, I did/do not care what caused it. The fact is their computer network can use some real work. From their website to their on board medallion app. What I did care about was getting the issue fixed and someone to listen and hopefully fix the one woman's attitude. As far as the real deal 28 day cruise? Everything is relative. This will eventually if my health holds be a life time trip. It also will cost anywhere from the base of 18k to over 26k final cost. This is more than a years income for my house. With that said, it really was a factor that I had thought it was fixed then was broken in such a way. Then that the woman told me she would just cancel the booking with me losing over 2k when I tried to explain that I had proof. 

So what did I learn? IF I am going to make changes to my booking to do it via a person. That people are very dedicated to their channel of booking cruises aka TA's. That without a doubt princess needs to get some new programmers in and fix their networks.

I am lucky it worked out, and glad it did. We board the ruby in a week for 12 days. then in may discovery. I am back on track to try and get to elite status by 11/24.  

7 hours ago, wallyj said:

I am surprised there are still people posting comments regarding what they assume was a ‘mistake’ fare when you were upgraded. As I posted in one of my previous replies in this thread, Princess has and obviously still does give complimentary upgrades during the booking process, but it seems mostly with accessible/handicapped cabins if the category you are looking to book is sold out. I know ‘handicapped’ is not used anymore but it seems when I have said accessible, some people do not know what I am talking about.

The OP also shared, he eventually canceled the sailing where he was upgraded, so that is not the issue, as he did not sail, but I think it added to his frustration with Princess in getting them to ‘honor’ the fare.

The straw that broke the camels back was being ‘double’ charged for the upgrade from Plus to Premium pkg after being refunded once for a double billing.

The OP also posted in post #43, the issue was resolved. So it seems some people are making comments without reviewing all of the history/past posts regarding this thread!

Please read my reply post #12.

Someone who read and comprehended my post <grin and a big atta person>. I know my writing at times can be a bit scattered. I also know I clarified more than once what the issue was. I added the issue of the 28 day cruise to show the level of frustration I was at. I mean what would it take for you to cancel your dream vacation, especially at a great price? The bottom line as you pointed out. The issue is resolved to my satisfaction. I did get my money back. Someone actually listened and gave a damn.  

1 hour ago, Brucerw said:

Actually, I did/do not care what caused it. The fact is their computer network can use some real work. From their website to their on board medallion app. What I did care about was getting the issue fixed and someone to listen and hopefully fix the one woman's attitude. As far as the real deal 28 day cruise? Everything is relative. This will eventually if my health holds be a life time trip. It also will cost anywhere from the base of 18k to over 26k final cost. This is more than a years income for my house. With that said, it really was a factor that I had thought it was fixed then was broken in such a way. Then that the woman told me she would just cancel the booking with me losing over 2k when I tried to explain that I had proof. 

So what did I learn? IF I am going to make changes to my booking to do it via a person. That people are very dedicated to their channel of booking cruises aka TA's. That without a doubt princess needs to get some new programmers in and fix their networks.

I am lucky it worked out, and glad it did. We board the ruby in a week for 12 days. then in may discovery. I am back on track to try and get to elite status by 11/24.  

Hopefully, the cruises will make up for all the aggravation they put you through. But that does not excuse them for their poor customer service.

On 3/18/2023 at 12:03 PM, PurpleTraveller said:

Just recently I cancelled and rebooked a cruise to get a lower price. Before cancelling my planner told me that the two FCD's I had used to make the refundable deposit had expired and that I would forfeit them. I asked if the expiry date could be extended but was told no because I had already used them. I asked if they would be refunded but was told no because I had already used them and they had expired. I have spoken to numerous people at Princess and nothing I have said will change their mind that I have lost my money that I had given Princess in good faith. I have also sent emails and not had any response.

Just wanted to give an update that I received a reply to one of my emails nine weeks after sending it. As well as an apology for the delay in replying to me, as a gesture of goodwill because I was given incorrect and unclear information when booking my original cruise, Princess is refunding my two FCD's. This is an unexpected but very good resolution for me and very much appreciated. I am very impressed with Princess' customer service in relation to this issue and happy to report so.

Edited by PurpleTraveller

5 hours ago, PurpleTraveller said:

Just wanted to give an update that I received a reply to one of my emails nine weeks after sending it. As well as an apology for the delay in replying to me, as a gesture of goodwill because I was given incorrect and unclear information when booking my original cruise, Princess is refunding my two FCD's. This is an unexpected but very good resolution for me and very much appreciated. I am very impressed with Princess' customer service in relation to this issue and happy to report so.

Making the old maxim, better late than never, true. Glad to hear it worked out for you.

• Like 1