Club HAL Teen Club

Hllb

Hi all,

for the teen club, do we need to go and register our son for it? And what are the age limits for it? We have 13, 18, and 19 yr olds. Could my 19 yr old go with his brother to play video games? What other activities do they have?

Since we will be on a cruise this summer with our almost 14-year-old, I too was interested in the teen club activities.  I found a sample list of activities here:  Club-HAL-Teens.pdf (rogerjett-photography.com). This amazing site also has sample menus from all the restaurants and sample daily activities for various cruises.  The site is owned by a CC member and regular poster - who generously updates his site regularly (he already has the new Canaletto menu up on his site).  

• Like 1

See https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/onboard-activities/cruise-activities/kids-club.html.

I'm pretty sure you have to register no matter the age, but only kids need to be signed in and out (tweens and teens can come and go as they please).  Unfortunately for you, only your youngest will be able to participate, as the maximum age is 17.  And they are absolutely strict on that--your older ones will not be able to go with their youngest sibling for video games or anything else.

• Thanks 1

Every kid is different, but I would think an average 18 or 19 year old would be mortified to enter the place.  My 15 and 14 year old girls went last summer on the Koningsdam and only enjoyed it because it wasn't crowded.  At Thanksgiving on the Nieuw Statendam there were so many kids on board that they had to turn the majority of them away, so my kids didn't bother.

38 minutes ago, PACD_JG said:

Every kid is different, but I would think an average 18 or 19 year old would be mortified to enter the place.  My 15 and 14 year old girls went last summer on the Koningsdam and only enjoyed it because it wasn't crowded.  At Thanksgiving on the Nieuw Statendam there were so many kids on board that they had to turn the majority of them away, so my kids didn't bother.

My 19 yr old would not be mortified to play video games with his brother

48 minutes ago, iceman93 said:

See https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/onboard-activities/cruise-activities/kids-club.html.

I'm pretty sure you have to register no matter the age, but only kids need to be signed in and out (tweens and teens can come and go as they please).  Unfortunately for you, only your youngest will be able to participate, as the maximum age is 17.  And they are absolutely strict on that--your older ones will not be able to go with their youngest sibling for video games or anything else.

Thanks! Good to know they’re strict on age. It makes sense of course. Maybe I’ll let them bring the switches. I normally don’t let those leave the house so they don’t get broken

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moscow123456 said:

Since we will be on a cruise this summer with our almost 14-year-old, I too was interested in the teen club activities.  I found a sample list of activities here:  Club-HAL-Teens.pdf (rogerjett-photography.com). This amazing site also has sample menus from all the restaurants and sample daily activities for various cruises.  The site is owned by a CC member and regular poster - who generously updates his site regularly (he already has the new Canaletto menu up on his site).  

Thanks, that link was helpful.