Removal of a Princess Plus Package

We've booked a cruise for next December which included the Plus package. Does anyone know if I can have a Plus package be removed without cancelling the cruise? We still want to cruise but due to health reasons, extreme amount of alcohol seem unwise.

Also, using the unlimited internet doesn't seem all that important to us.

Can't answer your specific question but remember the package includes gratuities and other non-alcoholic drinks.  It's not just wifi and booze.  There have been many threads about the value even without alcohol so you might do the math and see if it still makes sense.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 555 said:

We've booked a cruise for next December which included the Plus package. Does anyone know if I can have a Plus package be removed without cancelling the cruise? We still want to cruise but due to health reasons, extreme amount of alcohol seem unwise.

Depending on when you booked, the ‘Plus’ package added $40/$50/$60 a day per person when you booked and came with a few extra amenities if you booked at the $60 price point, which are a couple extra premium ‘desserts’ and a couple of fitness classes.

if you booked directly with Princess, you can call them and have them adjust your booking and have the package removed, if you used a travel agent, they own the booking and you need to call them to make the change, they will be a little disappointed as the plus package is a Commissionable portion of the cruise fare.

Assume you did not book a special non refundable pay in full now fare, so you are well before final payment date and should be able to revise your booking by removing the ‘Plus’ package.

Edited by wallyj
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 555 said:

When did you book the cruise?  It might make a difference.  Great question.

I suspect you will need to pay the prevailing rate for the Standard non Plus option, but it is worth checking out. 

walji might be correct.

Does your invoice/booking paperwork list the Plus package as an add in or is it built into your base fair?  I had booked the $40 a day one before the Plus package was created and it was in my base rate.

Edited by jagoffee