Seattle Cruise Terminal

trbarton

We sailed from Seattle on the Discovery Princess.  Worst cruise port we ever sailed out of. 

To start with somebody stole the buses (yes they did) that the Transporation company was to use to bring us from our Princess Sponsored Hotel to the cruise terminal.

When we got there we found a line, outside of the terminal,  blocks long.  Many individuals did not have luggage tags.

Since we were elite we were able to enter the terminal from another area with little or not wait.

It was very disorganized, until the individuals actually working for Princess took over processing our tickets. 

For embarkation and disembarkation Princess uses Pier 91, however if Seattle is a port of call for a cruise that is transiting say from California to a Canadian port like Vancouver or vice versa then they use Pier 66 which is located in the middle of the harbor and much more accessible by foot to the touristy areas of Seattle.

The following link is a PDF published by the Port of Seattle showing the cruise schedule for 2023 and also indicates which visits are ports of call and not embarkations.

https://www.portseattle.org/sites/default/files/2023-03/2023 Sailing Schedule Updated 3.14.23.pdf

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, jeromep said:

For embarkation and disembarkation Princess uses Pier 91, however if Seattle is a port of call for a cruise that is transiting say from California to a Canadian port like Vancouver or vice versa then they use Pier 66 which is located in the middle of the harbor and much more accessible by foot to the touristy areas of Seattle.

The following link is a PDF published by the Port of Seattle showing the cruise schedule for 2023 and also indicates which visits are ports of call and not embarkations.

https://www.portseattle.org/sites/default/files/2023-03/2023 Sailing Schedule Updated 3.14.23.pdf

Thanks!  Since it’s a port stop,  I’m meeting a cousin there. Where can I meet them?

Tom😀

Edited by trbarton

2 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Thanks!  Since it’s a port stop,  I’m meeting a cousin there. Where can I meet them?

Tom😀

Since I presume that your stop is going to be at Pier 66, they could wait outside the Pier someplace on Alaskan Way, near by.  Anthony's on Pier 66 is a decent restaurant and you could plan to meet there, also.  The Edgewater Hotel is just to the north of 66 and it has a coffee shop, restaurant with bar and such, and you could meet there also.  Both are within a couple of minutes walking distance of the pier.

On 3/19/2023 at 4:52 PM, lasekeye said:

Hey Tom….double check the cruise port schedule.  Our cruise is a port stop, & we are at pier 91.

On 3/19/2023 at 9:44 PM, Urban trekker said:

It also may depend on whether NCL and its other brands are at Pier 66 - they own the rights to Pier 66 - if an NCL ship is in town Princess would have to use Pier 91.

That is why I included the Port of Seattle link to their 2023 cruise schedule.  It clearly indicates what ships are docked where and on what days.