First time Aruba visitor on RCCL

OCVTSGIRL

In January 2024 a group of us will be cruising on Royal Caribbean's Odyssey and one of our ports is Aruba.  None of us have ever been there.  I'm looking at their Hidden Gems excursion and was wondering if anyone on here has done that and how it is.  Reading the description the activity level says strenuous.  Not sure why.  Maybe because of the caves.  Any input on this is greatly appreciated!

From when I read it, it sounded like a lot of hiking was involved so I took that to be the reason it's strenuous.  It was sold out when I was doing my excursions and I didn't think my daughter would like it.  It does sound good though!

• 3 months later...
On 3/19/2023 at 11:55 PM, OCVTSGIRL said:

In January 2024 a group of us will be cruising on Royal Caribbean's Odyssey and one of our ports is Aruba.  None of us have ever been there.  I'm looking at their Hidden Gems excursion and was wondering if anyone on here has done that and how it is.  Reading the description the activity level says strenuous.  Not sure why.  Maybe because of the caves.  Any input on this is greatly appreciated!

@OCVTSGIRLHi - did you do this excursion.  I am also interested in it but my husband had a stent a few years ago (no heart attack) and I'm wondering how strenuous it is.  We're both pretty healthy, exercise a lot etc.  It sounds very interesting.  BTW I notice a lot of the tours state strenuous now, is this a new thing?  

8 hours ago, sgmn said:

@OCVTSGIRLHi - did you do this excursion.  I am also interested in it but my husband had a stent a few years ago (no heart attack) and I'm wondering how strenuous it is.  We're both pretty healthy, exercise a lot etc.  It sounds very interesting.  BTW I notice a lot of the tours state strenuous now, is this a new thing?  

We don't cruise until January 2024 so I haven't done it yet.  We did book it.