LIVE from the most hated ship in the NCL fleet, Epic, March 26-April 2

spenecer

Hi Spenecer , thank you so much for you review and posting the dailies. I have really enjoyed reading it and them.

I will be on the Epic for its first cruise post TA from Barcelona on 7 May and can’t wait. It will be my 7th cruise 6 of which have been on the Epic Med and Caribbean. The other one was NCL Dawn from Trieste last year.

From reading your dailies it seems Spice H2O is not being used to show films in the evening. Would you know if this is due to the soot issues?

TIA

2 hours ago, TPS123 said:

Hi Spenecer , thank you so much for you review and posting the dailies. I have really enjoyed reading it and them.

I will be on the Epic for its first cruise post TA from Barcelona on 7 May and can’t wait. It will be my 7th cruise 6 of which have been on the Epic Med and Caribbean. The other one was NCL Dawn from Trieste last year.

From reading your dailies it seems Spice H2O is not being used to show films in the evening. Would you know if this is due to the soot issues?

TIA

I don't know why Spice H20 wasn't being used.  It wasn't a question brought up during the meet and greet but January through May is the windy season in the Caribbean and the wind tended to blow from the port to the starboard side of the boat (or vice versa depending on whether we were sailing north or south), so there would definitely be one side of Spice H20 that would get rusty brown water 'misting' down.  Also, they showed mostly kid and teen movies and Spice is the adults area, so I think this is why they chose the Atrium.  It also rained twice overnight so probably easier not to deal with having to 'reschedule' movies as well due to weather.  Spice H20 also had one of the few bars that I wasn't able to try because it was very difficult to reach being at the top of the stadium seating and the space in front of it was narrow so it wasn't possible to belly-up to the bar and was more of a line.  So, I don't think Spice H20 is a good space for kids to be watching movies and they showed kids movies on this cruise.