Celebration Dining??

gatorchinsky

I am seeing and hearing different things regarding dining on the Celebration. I know Cucina Del Capitano and Guy’s Pig and Anchor are included for lunch but I’m confused if they are free or have a fee to eat dinner. For those who have recently been on the Celebration could you please let me know? Thx!

Another quick question.. If you have been on both the Mardis Gras and the Celebration, which did you prefer? Are there a lot of differences? Thx!

44 minutes ago, gatorchinsky said:

I am seeing and hearing different things regarding dining on the Celebration. I know Cucina Del Capitano and Guy’s Pig and Anchor are included for lunch but I’m confused if they are free or have a fee to eat dinner. For those who have recently been on the Celebration could you please let me know? Thx!

Another quick question.. If you have been on both the Mardis Gras and the Celebration, which did you prefer? Are there a lot of differences? Thx!

Cucina for dinner is wonderful. We ate there two times. You do need to check in. Chibang is equally great and we ate there twice for dinner and once for lunch. 

• Like 1

If you have assigned dining, you cannot reserve a dining time for the evening meal at Cucina or Chibang before 7:30pm.  Those with YTD can get reservations starting at 5:30pm.  (The app usually opens for reservations about 15-minutes before the restaurant does.)  Pig and Anchor does not do reservations on the app, so you need to get in a line and see the host/hostess for seating.  As others have confirmed, there is no extra cost for these restaurants on this class of ship.

We have been on both ships, and they are almost identical, and have exactly the same dining venues.  Unfortunately, both ships seem to be identically understaffed.  There can be waits for a dining reservation at peak times of more than an hour.  When we questioned why the waiting times were so long when there appeared to be several empty tables, we were told they did not have enough staff to service the tables.  I think Carnival underestimated the staffing requirement for this class.

• Like 1

Folks have answered the dining question. As for the ships themselves, the differences for me are so minor that it doesn’t really matter. I suppose if someone likes certain drinks at the bars more on one than the other, that may make a difference. But pick the one that’s more convenient for you.

• Like 2

On 3/20/2023 at 5:30 PM, TomCruise48 said:

If you have assigned dining, you cannot reserve a dining time for the evening meal at Cucina or Chibang before 7:30pm.  Those with YTD can get reservations starting at 5:30pm.  (The app usually opens for reservations about 15-minutes before the restaurant does.)  Pig and Anchor does not do reservations on the app, so you need to get in a line and see the host/hostess for seating.  As others have confirmed, there is no extra cost for these restaurants on this class of ship.

How early in the day can you make reservations? We already have reservations for 3 different pay restaurants. If we hit Chibang and Cucina we will only have to do the MDR twice.

19 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

How early in the day can you make reservations? We already have reservations for 3 different pay restaurants. If we hit Chibang and Cucina we will only have to do the MDR twice.

If you have YTD, reservations for Chibang and Cucina typically open on the app at 5:15pm and the restaurant opens at 5:30pm. 

• Like 1

It was a first for us, we only ate in Dining Room once (we always enjoy the DR), but we enjoyed Chibang and Cucina so much we ate at both of them twice and had one dinner at Emeril’s. I asked when Chibang and Cucina on both Celebration and Mardi Gras would start charging a fee at dinnertime but no one knew. So wanted to take advantage when still complimentary. 

• Like 1