Aqua Class deck 9 Constellation

cbfb

We are looking to book AQ on the Constellation on deck 9. I have to admit deck 9 is not my favorite but the price between 9 and 11 is worth giving it a second try.

Anyone experienced with deck 9 and can recommend a cabin that isn’t obstructed (last time we had the window washer equipment on Infinity) and has a little less of an overhang? Not sure that exists but thought I’d ask. 

5 minutes ago, JintyGirl said:

We were in 9106 last September- great location - no obstructions. Quiet. Handy for lifts and restaurants. Would choose cabins in that area again. 
image.thumb.jpeg.6cd92c39ffa142d5d59149f0d42a37e5.jpeg

Wow! Thank you so much for the info and the picture. That’s a million times better than the cabin we had on Infinity. 

• Like 1

Just now, JintyGirl said:

For an older ship she was in great condition - we were very impressed. The balcony was in shade (but it was over 40C in Europe so no complaints!)

Yes! This will be in the Caribbean in November so shade will be good. 

• Like 2

@cbfb,

I maybe confused.  I was going to point out that as a Captains Club member you should be able to get a free upgrade from A2 to A1 (I am not confused about that part).  

However I thought the Deck 9 AquaClass cabins were A2 and the ones on Deck 11 are A1.  But when I look at Celebrity's deck plans, they show Deck 9 AquaClass as A1 (starting Apr 25)?

Edited by mahdnc

43 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

@cbfb,

I maybe confused.  I was going to point out that as a Captains Club member you should be able to get a free upgrade from A2 to A1 (I am not confused about that part).  

However I thought the Deck 9 AquaClass cabins were A2 and the ones on Deck 11 are A1.  But when I look at Celebrity's deck plans, they show Deck 9 AquaClass as A1 (starting Apr 25)?

I didn’t realize I could get an upgrade from A2 to A1. Thank you! As far as which is which when I look at the TA site the A2 only shows deck 9. 

8 minutes ago, cbfb said:

I didn’t realize I could get an upgrade from A2 to A1. Thank you! As far as which is which when I look at the TA site the A2 only shows deck 9. 

You are welcome. Below are the specific cabin categories eligible for an upgrade.  It sounds like the upgrade from A2 to A1 is worth quite a lot for your sailing.

If you look at Constellation's deck plan on Celebrity's website, I believe there is an error on how the classify the AQ cabins on Deck 9 for the "Beginning on Apr 23" version.  It shows as A1.  I am pretty sure it is supposed to be A2.

image.png.1820732db4154d57269cdbe39ff44c61.png

Edited by mahdnc
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/20/2023 at 6:52 PM, JintyGirl said:

We were in 9106 last September- great location - no obstructions. Quiet. Handy for lifts and restaurants. Would choose cabins in that area again. 
image.thumb.jpeg.6cd92c39ffa142d5d59149f0d42a37e5.jpeg

Did you have any issue with noise? I read on the spreadsheet this cabin is below ocean view cafe. 

We have been in 9112, 9116 and will soon be in 9102. All Aqua and I much prefer deck 9 to those on 11, which to me anyway seem like they are in middle of nowhere.  We have also been in 9111.  None of the deck 9 cabins have had any kind of noise issue, but I think that further forward you will have pool deck noise.  My two cents...............

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, tonto524 said:

We have been in 9112, 9116 and will soon be in 9102. All Aqua and I much prefer deck 9 to those on 11, which to me anyway seem like they are in middle of nowhere.  We have also been in 9111.  None of the deck 9 cabins have had any kind of noise issue, but I think that further forward you will have pool deck noise.  My two cents...............

Thank You! I appreciate it. I’m thinking deck 11 will be too hot in the Carribean in November so I appreciate your info.  No noise is so important to us. We usually only book cabins above and below. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cbfb said:

Thank You! I appreciate it. I’m thinking deck 11 will be too hot in the Carribean in November so I appreciate your info.  No noise is so important to us. We usually only book cabins above and below. 

To put a finer point on it, the AQ cabins on 9 from the midship elevators and aft are below Ocean View seating areas that are carpeted.  Forward of midship, the pool deck of course is not and could be subject to the rearrangement of lounges, etc.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tonto524 said:

To put a finer point on it, the AQ cabins on 9 from the midship elevators and aft are below Ocean View seating areas that are carpeted.  Forward of midship, the pool deck of course is not and could be subject to the rearrangement of lounges, etc.  

awwww! That makes sense as to the lack of noise. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cbfb said:

Do not think it will be that hot in November but if you book deck 11 stay away from cabins 1101 to 1113.

They have a service elevator and they run food and supplies down to the Tuscan Grill. The outside door by 1101 (my cabin) was opening and slamming shut all afternoon and early evening add to that the carts up and down the hall. Not very good at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have AQ stateroom 9080 on Summit booked for a July Bermuda sailing. Now I'm concerned because it is under the pool area. Also, I forgot about the fact that with our Captain's Club status, we were eligible for a one category upgrade and the agent I used must not have been very knowledgable because he did not even suggest it as an option. At this point, there are only two cabins left on deck 9 that are A2 and they are connecting cabins, which is not desirable to me. There are three cabins left on deck 11 that are all the way aft. For a Bermuda sailing, if the seas are rough (which can often be the case) that might not be comfortable. The thing I find odd looking at the deck plans though... if A1 is a higher category than A2, why are the cabins smaller? According to the website (mind you I can only see the available cabin square footage), the A2 cabins are 271 sq ft and the A1 cabins that remain as available are listed at 246 sq ft. Bottom line, I'm not certain what to do. Stay where I am, move to a connecting cabin not under the pool area, or take one of the remaining deck 11 A1 cabins?

Edited by SSFrance69

10 minutes ago, SSFrance69 said:

We have AQ stateroom 9080 booked for a July Bermuda sailing. Now I'm concerned because it is under the pool area. Also, I forgot about the fact that with our Captain's Club status, we were eligible for a one category upgrade and the agent I used must not have been very knowledgable because he did not even suggest it as an option. At this point, there are only two cabins left on deck 9 that are A2 and they are connecting cabins, which is not desirable to me. There are three cabins left on deck 11 that are all the way aft. For a Bermuda sailing, if the seas are rough (which can often be the case) that might not be comfortable. The thing I find odd looking at the deck plans though... if A1 is a higher category than A2, why are the cabins smaller? According to the website (mind you I can only see the available cabin square footage), the A2 cabins are 271 sq ft and the A1 cabins that remain as available are listed at 246 sq ft. Bottom line, I'm not certain what to do. Stay where I am, move to a connecting cabin not under the pool area, or take one of the remaining deck 11 A1 cabins?

You are overthinking this.  If the ship rolls 5° the difference between deck 9 and 11 is under 1'.  That would be winds above 40kts.

The "connecting" cabin is a non issue.  

Move aft under the carpeted area on 9 or take one on deck 11.  We have been in both and liked deck 11 cabins as VERY quiet with easy access to deck 10.  Heard nothing in any of deck 9 cabins in either area, but moving aft might allay your concerns.

Heat is not an issue for deck 11 cabins.  They actually have never HVAC than the others.  Temps adjusted fast.

Edited by Arizona Wildcat
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

You are overthinking this.  If the ship rolls 5° the difference between deck 9 and 11 is under 1'.  That would be winds above 40kts.

The "connecting" cabin is a non issue.  

Move aft under the carpeted area on 9 or take one on deck 11.  We have been in both and liked deck 11 cabins as VERY quiet with easy access to deck 10.  Heard nothing in any of deck 9 cabins in either area, but moving aft might allay your concerns.

Heat is not an issue for deck 11 cabins.  They actually have never HVAC than the others.  Temps adjusted fast.

Good information thank you. Have you also been under the pool deck area on deck 9 and not experienced noise issues? 

You have to be careful with Aqua on deck 9. The Pool is on deck 10 and the Pool filtration system is  housed in the middle of deck 9 directly below. We had a port side cabin opposite and it was like being trapped in a washing machine as the unit constantly cycles. Luckily we were able to get moved..

If you go for a Gtee Aqua this is were you may be allocated. Its a known issue.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, hampshirelad said:

You have to be careful with Aqua on deck 9. The Pool is on deck 10 and the Pool filtration system is  housed in the middle of deck 9 directly below. We had a port side cabin opposite and it was like being trapped in a washing machine as the unit constantly cycles. Luckily we were able to get moved..

If you go for a Gtee Aqua this is were you may be allocated. Its a known issue.

We bid on a MoveUp from OV to AQ and assigned 9058.  Terrible location.  We heard noises constantly from above, and they were not rolling carts and moving chairs.  Ship was full, and no where else to move us.

• Like 1

We were in room 9125 on the constellation. I thought we would be under the carpeted dining areas towards the beginning and would get little noise. Apparently we were under where they store all of the liquor and supplies for the ocean view bar and at 6:00 am we would be woken up to the carts going back and forth. The rest of the day it was quiet until the evening when they moved it all back in. Our neighbors in the handicap room next to us said they heard nothing (9123).

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies everyone. Because of my captain's club perk, I was able to upgrade to an A1 on deck 11. It's the second to last cabin aft, so slightly concerned about the door that goes to the exterior slamming shut and making noise, but there were only three cabins left on deck 11, all in the same location, so I took what I could get. 

• Like 1

Don’t get those cabins next to the Celebrity Suites in the middle of the ship.  Unless they have been changed during the redo those balconies are almost a triangle.  Take a regular balcony and bisect it with hypotenuse line going from corner to corner making 2 triangles.  That is how the balcony is shaped.  Very small 

The balconies on deck 11 don’t offer and protection from the elements. There is no covering over them.  Some like all the sun and an open sky but when it rains the balcony is in the rain.  There is an outside stair case at the very aft that goes up to the sun deck above and also down to the Sunset Bar  that is one deck below. 

The shower door in those cabins don’t seal very well.   We always grabbed a bunch of towels from the pool deck to lay across the bottom to restrain the water.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1