Bottled Water Package

Ormond

40 minutes ago, Candleonwater said:

Is it safe to assume there are no bottle filling stations on the ships?  I feel like I remember that being the case.

Correct. But you can grab some individual cups and fill the bottle with them. Make sure they are wide mouth bottles to make it easier. 

2 hours ago, ShillyShally said:

Not everyone's palate can discern differences in water, I envy them a bit since it can make me very picky about water.  Most brands of water taste differently to me, as does most tap. Then again I'm the same way with coffee since I drink it black and can pick up all the nuances.

I can understand "tap" from homes, even with filtering.  And I get @SeaScoutabout dirty water out of bathroom taps in cabins.  Very true on older ships.or ships needing drydock service.  But otherwise, water is water.  Now coffee....that's a whole other ball of grounds!    I sent a friend of mine who has a great coffee place and buys his own beans, a package of our local roaster's Costa Rican.  He came back and said thanks but he didn't discern any of our local roaster's tasting notes. LOL.

Just now, crewsweeper said:

But otherwise, water is water. 

Agree to disagree, I know I can tell the difference between most brands and most taps.  Now super cold or filtered, not as much, but water is not all the same.  I'm in no way saying bottled trumps all tap, as some bottles taste awful.  Truly it's more when I do notice how it tastes, I prefer it to just taste like good clean water.  Do kids today ever get to experience that fun campground iron tasting water?  And half of all water from sprayers or fountains picks up a bit of what else may be flowing, sometimes as a benefit, more often not.  I just know I drink a lot of it, from a lot of various sources, and notice.  Agreed on coffee, we've been thrilled by a description, and then can't stomach the pot. We like it strong and black and not fussy, so often there is a special tasting note that throws off a good thing!

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

Agree to disagree, I know I can tell the difference between most brands and most taps.  Now super cold or filtered, not as much, but water is not all the same.  I'm in no way saying bottled trumps all tap, as some bottles taste awful.  Truly it's more when I do notice how it tastes, I prefer it to just taste like good clean water.  Do kids today ever get to experience that fun campground iron tasting water?  And half of all water from sprayers or fountains picks up a bit of what else may be flowing, sometimes as a benefit, more often not.  I just know I drink a lot of it, from a lot of various sources, and notice.  Agreed on coffee, we've been thrilled by a description, and then can't stomach the pot. We like it strong and black and not fussy, so often there is a special tasting note that throws off a good thing!

Okay, NGL, I can't count the number of times I drank from the garden hose... would I have allowed DD to do so? Not a chance.

I am a water snob. Will I drink what I consider inferior water? If I must. One of my favorite Instagram accounts is that of a water sommelier...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ShillyShally said:

Not everyone's palate can discern differences in water, I envy them a bit since it can make me very picky about water.  Most brands of water taste differently to me, as does most tap. Then again I'm the same way with coffee since I drink it black and can pick up all the nuances.

Yeah I like the Evian, drinking it as I type. Last March/April on different Royal Cruises got it in 12oz cans, then 1lt Glass and Plastic Bottles. Though in dozen Cruises since only different branded small plastic water bottles. But I'll take about anything over Desani, too me(and others) has a metal taste like a dirty Nickle is in it

Edited by ONECRUISER

36 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Yeah I like the Evian, drinking it as I type. Last March/April on different Royal Cruises got it in 12oz cans, then 1lt Glass and Plastic Bottles. Though in dozen Cruises since only different branded small plastic water bottles. But I'll take about anything over Desani, too me(and others) has a metal taste like a dirty Nickle is in it

Yep I am so not a fan of Dasani!  Don't love Aquafina either but that's better if it's the only option.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Candleonwater said:

Okay, NGL, I can't count the number of times I drank from the garden hose... would I have allowed DD to do so? Not a chance.

I am a water snob. Will I drink what I consider inferior water? If I must. One of my favorite Instagram accounts is that of a water sommelier...

Ha, would love to know the instagram name - I have to drink water to stay hydrated so can't always be picky, and have used most every "safe" choice I can when available (mainly just try to avoid any source that would likely make me sick).  But when traveling and need to pick up some bottles to keep cold in a fridge, then I can be discerning 🙂

12 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

Ha, would love to know the instagram name - I have to drink water to stay hydrated so can't always be picky, and have used most every "safe" choice I can when available (mainly just try to avoid any source that would likely make me sick).  But when traveling and need to pick up some bottles to keep cold in a fridge, then I can be discerning 🙂

Quick question!  As a newbie to RCL, can you bring your own water on board?

3 hours ago, Candleonwater said:

True, good old cold garden hose water in Summertime Heat. Where I live now water never comes out Cool or Cold, miss my Michigan ground filtered water. Where I grew up water we use to Drink became one first Superfund Sites, City had shutdown all Wells in that area. Nothing could do but Cap it off as the Bloom was too large. Dump had Century of waste(chemicals/oils) from 100+ Factories/Businesses. 

Edited by ONECRUISER

3 hours ago, ShillyShally said:

Yes you can, I think you can bring a 12 pack of regular size bottles, but you need to put it in a checked bag.

Can anyone verify this? The other cruise lines we've used specify only cans and they need to be in carry on luggage. 

4 hours ago, ShillyShally said:

Ha, would love to know the instagram name

It's martinriese.  I don'y agree with everything he says about water, but it's interesting to learn about different waters. One summer, at my fun job, we set out a dozen different waters to blind taste test them. There was definitely a difference!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SeaScout said:

Can anyone verify this? The other cruise lines we've used specify only cans and they need to be in carry on luggage. 

I think “officially” it’s supposed to be in a carry on but we’ve always placed it in a checked bag and it’s been delivered to our stateroom every time. Bottles or cans, either one is fine.

On 3/21/2023 at 1:07 AM, ilovesparky13 said:

Why not drink the tap water?

I mainly drink water... No Soda, No Tea, No Lemonade etc
The ship water is filtered and fine for consumption but I don't like the way it tastes!! To me, it tastes like dust. 

@SeaScout
Guests may also bring non-alcoholic beverages as carry-on items on boarding day. Non-alcoholic beverages may not exceed 12 standard (17 oz.) cans, bottles or cartons per stateroom. Milk and distilled water brought on for infant, medical, or dietary use are permitted. 
(It used to state that it must be carried on) 

RC Website FAQ

Edited by LilBlackDress
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, sargemrs said:

Oh thank you!!  Great news!!

Officially it is 12 bottles of any non alchoholic beverages per cabin and it must be in your carry on.  you will hear reports of people being able to check it or being able to bring more than 12.  YMMV.

12 hours ago, LilBlackDress said:

The ship water is filtered and fine for consumption but I don't like the way it tastes!! To me, it tastes like dust. 

I so get this, on land I only drink water, black coffee, or IPAs, and I’m

picky about all of them lol! Sometimes also my go to bar drink - vodka and water. On ship I give up my love for a good bitter IPA and switch to vodka/water but it makes calculating any of the packages harder. That said, just on my water and water/vodka sometimes at the right pricing it can be justified 🙂

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LilBlackDress said:

@SeaScout
Guests may also bring non-alcoholic beverages as carry-on items on boarding day. Non-alcoholic beverages may not exceed 12 standard (17 oz.) cans, bottles or cartons per stateroom. Milk and distilled water brought on for infant, medical, or dietary use are permitted. 
(It used to state that it must be carried on) 

RC Website FAQ

Thank you. This is the info I was looking for.  I'll plan on a 12 pack of 12 oz. bottles of water in my carry on. Thank you.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2023 at 10:17 AM, njsmom said:

I bought the old package, for the sale price of $14.14 with tax for 12 bottles (12 oz size) and my cruise is on April 1. They're not offering that price any longer and now it says it's 1 liter bottles. Does anyone know what you actually end up with in your room?

interested to hear from you (or anyone else) who bought the “old” water package before the increase in price. 

did you get an awesome bargain on 1L bottles? Or did they give the smaller size?

I bought on Black Friday and paid $16.50 for a 24 pack…

4 hours ago, PGHProducer said:

interested to hear from you (or anyone else) who bought the “old” water package before the increase in price. 

did you get an awesome bargain on 1L bottles? Or did they give the smaller size?

We bought the "old" water package at a good price. When we boarded the ship last week the smaller bottles were in our cabin.

On a side note, we also ordered the beer/cooler bag package. When we arrived in our cabin we had a letter stating that due to supply issues they didn't have the cooler bags and that we would get $10 OBC. We received the beers, but on our account the whole price ($43.99) was credited (free beer for my husband!). My husband was able to exchange a can of warm beer for a cold one at any bar.

4 hours ago, PGHProducer said:

Also super interested in this outcome. I also bought the 24 pack of old water bottles under $20.

On 3/24/2023 at 9:36 AM, crewsweeper said:

So it's a toss up.  Your health, which is probably immune to any bacteria residual in a reusable water bottle because you've drank out of it for years ... 

You don't wash your reusable water bottles every day? 

On 3/25/2023 at 7:14 AM, SNemeth said:

Officially it is 12 bottles of any non alchoholic beverages per cabin and it must be in your carry on.  you will hear reports of people being able to check it or being able to bring more than 12.  YMMV.

I think they are less fussy over water than over other beverages.