Questions About Yacht Club Dining on Seascape

LewiLewi

We will be taking our first cruise on the Seascape YC in a few weeks. I would appreciate it if you could answer a few questions about dining in the Yacht Club.

- Are there shared tables for people who may want to dine with others that they are not traveling with and as a way to meet new people?

- Is there a buffet available in the YC for lunch?

-Are you able to eat in specialty restaurants outside of the YC without an extra charge; if so which restaurants are they? 
- Does the butler make reservations for you to dine at these restaurants?

- Are in cabin menus available for breakfast and do they include hot food like omelets and bacon?

Thank you in advance.

My experience from the Seashore.

The YC dining room is like going to a restaurant on land. You don't have a set dining time. You are seated with your party when you show up. The time they are open can vary depending on the port schedule. They will typically have the schedule posted near the entry to the restaurant and it should be on the app.

There is a YC buffet for breakfast, lunch, and dinner most days. Again depending on the port schedule and other events. We found the YC bar and buffet area a good place to meet other people.

The concierge can make you reservations in the premium restaurants, but they are not included. If you are Diamond level, I believe you get one meal in the steakhouse included.

There were menus/order cards in the room for breakfast, and it included some limited hot food options like omelets/eggs and bacon/sausage. You also have access to room service at other times as well.

32 minutes ago, LewiLewi said:

We will be taking our first cruise on the Seascape YC in a few weeks. I would appreciate it if you could answer a few questions about dining in the Yacht Club.

- Are there shared tables for people who may want to dine with others that they are not traveling with and as a way to meet new people? 

- Is there a buffet available in the YC for lunch?

-Are you able to eat in specialty restaurants outside of the YC without an extra charge; if so which restaurants are they? 
- Does the butler make reservations for you to dine at these restaurants?

- Are in cabin menus available for breakfast and do they include hot food like omelets and bacon?

Thank you in advance

We are in YC on Seascape now. I think this is an unusual cruise due to it being spring break - 59 children in Yacht Club, so many family groups in the restaurant. 

I have not observed any shared tables such as you inquired about.

I don’t believe that YC guests may eat in specialty restaurants for free, but I do know that the concierge desk will assist with reservations and spa appointments. 

I have attached a photo of the breakfast menu we received in our suite. We have gone to the restaurant for breakfast, but there is also a really nice buffet on the YC pool deck.

edited to add: so sorry that the menu posted upside down - don’t know how to fix that!

D26E5A67-0B0B-4447-8391-6049C2221903.jpeg

Edited by Mrs_Tiki

17 minutes ago, LewiLewi said:

Thank you. I can sort of read upside down. I didn't see any mention of eggs or omelets. Are they also available?

Not for the YC Breakfast room service.  As yo can see, it is fairly basic.  For eggs, you need to got to the restaurant or the One Pool deck.

2 hours ago, LewiLewi said:

I didn't see any mention of eggs or omelets. Are they also available?

You can write down your requests (within reason) on the room service menu that hangs on the doorknob. If you want scrambled eggs with cheese (for ex.), just write it down and have it delivered for breakfast....or if you forget to do it the night before, call as soon as you wake up (guilty as charged 😳).

If you prefer crispy bacon or soft bacon, just write down which you prefer and it will be delivered. I always write down cranberry juice and it gets delivered. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, LewiLewi said:

....I was also told by my TA that specialty restaurants were included, no extra charge. Is this so?

It is absolutely not so! 

Edited by hamrag