FYI-Grandeur Miami to Los Angeles 12/21/23-1/6/24 Culinary Arts Classes have opened up

Boats07

6 hours ago, Boats07 said:

FYI-Grandeur Miami to Los Angeles 12/21/23-1/6/24 Culinary Arts Classes have opened up.    I know the classes sell out fast.

Thank you for this!  This will be our first Regent cruise, and the cooking classes are something we very much look forward to.  I've managed to snag a couple thanks to your post.

Non-snarky question: Regent let me know when we can book excursions and optional dining.  I'm not aware of seeing anything about this date for the cooking classes, either in "my account" or via email.  Am I missing something? 

33 minutes ago, KenzSailing said:

Thank you for this!  This will be our first Regent cruise, and the cooking classes are something we very much look forward to.  I've managed to snag a couple thanks to your post.

Non-snarky question: Regent let me know when we can book excursions and optional dining.  I'm not aware of seeing anything about this date for the cooking classes, either in "my account" or via email.  Am I missing something? 

You are not missing anything…. I learned from our first Regent cruise last October it’s just shows up.   
I have been checking weekly and decided to check today.  I also snagged two today.  They are great and fun. 

• Like 1

Boats07,

Thanks for the heads-up.  They opened up on the April 10-24, 2024 Grandeur as well.

rcandkc,

Before the pandemic, we stood the whole time.  I do not remember seeing any stools in the kitchen.  Perhaps one could be arranged for you.

24 minutes ago, puppyluv1 said:

We did a cooking class on Splendor in January and there was seating along the back wall. The chef suggested anyone who might need to take a break and sit for a while should take a station in the back row. 

Good to know.  Thanks!

On Dec there were stools in the back but you could not pull one up to your station. I can not stand for 2 hours at a time and it was sone what hard for my husband. So when the chef was demonstrating something I/we would sit in the back on a stool and watch the TV as everyone else gathered around her at the counter though he was mostly up at the counter. I could see everything OK and I would stand at my station when we were actually cooking. The class was fun. There were four choices geared to our cruise location and they were only offered on sea days… one 10 to 12 and the other 4 to 6. Plan for it to be lunch or dinner if you are doing a meat or fish dish.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cwn said:

On Dec there were stools in the back but you could not pull one up to your station. I can not stand for 2 hours at a time and it was sone what hard for my husband. So when the chef was demonstrating something I/we would sit in the back on a stool and watch the TV as everyone else gathered around her at the counter though he was mostly up at the counter. I could see everything OK and I would stand at my station when we were actually cooking. The class was fun. There were four choices geared to our cruise location and they were only offered on sea days… one 10 to 12 and the other 4 to 6. Plan for it to be lunch or dinner if you are doing a meat or fish dish.

Thank you all for the information.  I cannot stand for anywhere that long…many medical reasons..I could sit on stool.  I’m short..me sitting on stool would be shorter than most standing…but if that is how it works I now know we will pass. 

57 minutes ago, rcandkc said:

Thank you all for the information.  I cannot stand for anywhere that long…many medical reasons..I could sit on stool.  I’m short..me sitting on stool would be shorter than most standing…but if that is how it works I now know we will pass. 

I didn’t mean to discourage you, I probably sat on the stool about half the time. We would watch the chef prepare the dish and I would sit on the stool then we would stand at our station and do the same thing she did. We made 4 or 5 things and ate the meal at the end. You would not have problems seeing the prep on TV as the TV is mounted up high. But you will have to stand in short burst. This was on the Splendor in Dec.

• Like 1