Post "Pending Approval"

I recently tried to post some cruise news in the Royal Caribbean forum.  My post is red, has a red triangle caution sign, and says "pending approval."  It has been like this for 30 minutes with no change.

I've been on CC for ten years now and never had this happen.  Is this a new feature that someone can explain to me?

image.png.faa4cc4ae035cdac0c19ad5dcc5066a0.pngimage.png.86aa7151411c323773752585018bbfd1.pngimage.thumb.png.1c59a10f8528ab74ae771868623bd953.png

27 minutes ago, talkorpi said:

I recently tried to post some cruise news in the Royal Caribbean forum.  My post is red, has a red triangle caution sign, and says "pending approval."  It has been like this for 30 minutes with no change.

I've been on CC for ten years now and never had this happen.  Is this a new feature that someone can explain to me?

image.png.faa4cc4ae035cdac0c19ad5dcc5066a0.pngimage.png.86aa7151411c323773752585018bbfd1.pngimage.thumb.png.1c59a10f8528ab74ae771868623bd953.png

@talkorpi

Howdy from a fellow Texan!

Here is one of the 2021 threads in this forum that addresses the issue: Hidden posts

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Host Kat said:

@talkorpi

Howdy from a fellow Texan!

Here is one of the 2021 threads in this forum that addresses the issue: Hidden posts

@Host Kat Thank you for the quick explanation!  Methinks that the particular website I linked for the news must be considered "spam."  Oh well - I just wasn't sure if I did something wrong since this has never happened to me before!

Thank you for explaining again!

15 minutes ago, talkorpi said:

@Host Kat Thank you for the quick explanation!  Methinks that the particular website I linked for the news must be considered "spam."  Oh well - I just wasn't sure if I did something wrong since this has never happened to me before!

Thank you for explaining again!

@talkorpi

You are most welcome! 

In October 2018 the Cruise Critic message board software was changed from vBulletin to Invision Community and has been tweaked often since then. Also, we moved to new servers in May 2019. Soooo, changes happen! 😀

Again, from the Guidelines:

"Question: Why don't you allow us to post about other cruise sites? My post contains *** and then you removed it!  Answer:  Actually, we do allow the legitimate linking to information at another cruise site, as long as that link isn't posted in an attempt to drive traffic to that site (in the sole discretion of Cruise Critic), or if the posting of such site is meant to cause disruption within the community. If a website's url or name is replaced by a series of *****, it may mean that particular website had spammed our community with advertisements for their site, or that member(s) may have posted in a way that we consider self-promotion or advertising."

Please remember the Hosts are non-paid volunteers, not Management, working the boards when their real life permits. Most Management & Administrators work regular weekday business hours. Please be patient for your post to be reviewed.

Glad to be of service,

Host Kat

• Like 1