Chef's Table- how to book?

FrankieJayIII

On 3/31/2023 at 4:42 PM, LAX-HKG said:

Thanks XBGuy.  That’s very informative.

Would the Discovery Princess have the winemaker’s dinner on a 7-day Mexican Riviera cruise?

A suggestion is to look for a cruise on the Discovery Princess & ask your question. 

Tom😀

• 2 weeks later...

I called the dine line the minute that I got to my room and inquired about both the Chef’s Table and the winemaker dinner.  I was told I would be informed of the availability.  After not hearing from them for a couple days, I called again on Day 3. Once again I was told to wait for their response.  Well, I am now off the ship and did not get an invitation to either dinner….

6 hours ago, FrankieJayIII said:

That makes me sad.  I am sorry that happened to you. 

It happens often, just need to have correct expectations. Recently on Caribbean Princess, we were told there was a waiting list of 300 for the Chef's Table dinners. There were several dinners held on our 10 day cruise.

• Thanks 1

We were on a 10-day cruise on the Enchanted in Feb and they had 3 Chef's Table dinners and still had 75 on the list. We were lucky to get chosen.

We've been fortunate to be chosen 3 times, once on the Sky, once on the Crown and once on the Enchanted.

Edited by jovisoul

4 minutes ago, Kellyansapansa said:

We've NEVER been chosen for the Chef's Table. I'm very envious of those who have attended multiple times! 

Here’s what I’ve done with success. I go onto the thread for the cruise that I’m on & invite people to join me for the Chef’s Table. I’m on an April 23 cruise on the Royal Princess & I now have a list of 11 people that I’ll turn in as soon as I board the ship. My list has everyone’s names & stateroom numbers. 

If your willing, why not invite people to join you as I’ve done, & turn it in the 1st thing you do when you board the ship. I have a copy of the letter that I enclose with my list that I leave when I board the ship if you would like a copy. 

Tom😀

6 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Here’s what I’ve done with success. I go onto the thread for the cruise that I’m on & invite people to join me for the Chef’s Table. I’m on an April 23 cruise on the Royal Princess & I now have a list of 11 people that I’ll turn in as soon as I board the ship. My list has everyone’s names & stateroom numbers. 

If your willing, why not invite people to join you as I’ve done, & turn it in the 1st thing you do when you board the ship. I have a copy of the letter that I enclose with my list that I leave when I board the ship if you would like a copy. 

Tom😀

That's a fabulous idea, thanks so much for sharing! ❤️ And yes, I would love a copy of the letter please. My email address is kellyansapansa at gmail dot com. 🙏

Edited by Kellyansapansa

1 hour ago, trbarton said:

Tom😀

I'm at a total loss as to your procedure.  (I'm not doubting it...)  When it's so hard to just get a reservation for 2 why is it easier to get a whole group invited?

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I'm at a total loss as to your procedure.  (I'm not doubting it...)  When it's so hard to just get a reservation for 2 why is it easier to get a whole group invited?

Because he assembled a full table of guests who "know" each other via the Roll Call?

• Like 1

We have done 7 chef’s tables…as soon as you get on board get on the list anyway you can, they will confirm you’re on the list.

We always got invited. Tip do not tell anybody on your roll call as they will be competitors. Ha-ha

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Because he assembled a full table of guests who "know" each other via the Roll Call?

Hmmm....I still don't buy it. Let's say that there were already 15-20  people on the list *before* this person submitted his group. Are we saying that those first on the list will be bypassed for the sake of a group that came later? 

Has anybody actually *used* this group method successfully?

1 minute ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Hmmm....I still don't buy it. Let's say that there were already 15-20  people on the list *before* this person submitted his group. Are we saying that those first on the list will be bypassed for the sake of a group that came later? 

Some voyages have multiple CT's is all I can say.

25 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

The suggested method would only work if the ship is going to conduct multiple Chef's Tables during the cruise.  The 15-20 people already on the list will take priority over the assembled group with most of them getting a spot.  But some may not.  The assembled group may then very well leap over the ones ahead of them who don't get a spot simply because it is less work for the staff to work out the details if they already have 12 people in one group ready to commit.  The suggested approach is counting on the staff being lazy, or wanting to take the path of least resistance.   

• Like 1