Precruise Covid testing for transatlantic cruises no longer required as of today

Transatlantic Sailings

Here are our updated protocols for Transatlantic sailings. Our protocols are subject to change, and should there be any additional changes, we are committed to keeping you informed.

Vaccination Required
All guests ages 12 and older must be fully vaccinated against COVID‐19 with the final dose administered at least 14 days before sailing. Boosters are recommended, but not required, to sail. Guests under 12 may join us for this sailing, regardless of vaccination status.

Testing Required - UPDATED!
Pre-cruise
As of March 23, 2023, pre-cruise testing is no longer required for our Transatlantic sailings. Visit our FAQ for the latest protocols.

Travel Reminder 
All guests should check their visa and ESTA requirements prior to our sailing.

• Like 2

Just now, NeepierRoad said:

Where did you find this information?  My mom is traveling 5/1 TA and it will be one less worry for her and travel party.  I looked online and the info for pre-cruise testing has not changed.  Thanks so much!

This was the email that I received this morning. I am on the Odyssey TA in April.  Very pleased, although it could be done as an unsupervised at-home test. 

3 minutes ago, NeepierRoad said:

Where did you find this information?  My mom is traveling 5/1 TA and it will be one less worry for her and travel party.  I looked online and the info for pre-cruise testing has not changed.  Thanks so much!

I got this e-mail this morning for our May 1 Anthem sailing.

1 hour ago, NeepierRoad said:

I think it has been now - here is what is currently showing when I just looked.  No mention of TA's.  Yippee!  

Q

What are the pre-cruise testing requirements for my cruise?

A

Pre-cruise testing is no longer required to sail, with a few exceptions. At this time, only the following sailings have pre-cruise testing requirements:

Just got this no-testing required email with regard to our Hawaii to Vancouver cruise next month, April 28th.  It's good news, but I just wish they could get their act together and keep it together!

Pat

We have just disembarked from Symphony TA (March 9 - 21) which left from Miami.   We still had to test, but it did not require to be supervised (proctored) !!!    We heard that on embarkation day there were around 450 people turned up without having taken a test, and were sent to have one done, but it was taking too long for this to happen, that they were allowed onto the ship eventually tested or not!!!

There was no logic behind requiring passengers to show up at the cruise port, with a photograph of a negative test (supposedly taken within 2 days of sailing!!) or with the negative test in hand!!  

There were still passengers confined to cabins after testing positive (once sailing was underway) for Covid, and having to quarantine for at least 5 days.

My OH, woke on the morning of disembarkation with what seemed like a head cold, we did a test in the cabin, he was negative, but  the following morning once we were home, he tested again, he was  positive, and there are a few others who are reporting they have tested positive once they've returned home.

We now need to live with Covid probably being treated as a cold/flu during the year and let things go back to pre Covid times.

• Like 2