How fast do cruises book up?

Hi everyone. I am getting married on a cruise in october. Most of the people who will be going with us have already booked their cruise. We anticipate about 45 to join us. I have a few friends that I know wont book until July or August. They would want an inside room. Do you think there is a good chance rooms will still be available? Thanks.

What ship? Freedom of the Seas... no way would I think you'd get cabins still this summer.

Every other ship? Probably, except if it's Halloween weekend or Columbus Day weekend. Those tend to be popular weeks. Don't know what they'll have to pay for the cabins though...

As the ship fills up, the prices go up. Impossible to predict what will happen on a particular sailing. But if its the Enchantment, the deposit is only $100 per person, not $250. See if you can talk your procrastinators into at least booking now with a $100 deposit. Final payment on an Oct 28 sailing won't be due until the end of August. If they decide in July that they can't make it, they cancel the cruise and get their $100 deposit back! They get the cabin of their choice now, at the price now and can still back out later, no risk. Just make sure you are dealing with a good TA who doesn't charge cancellation fees...

Thanks, we have a very good TA. Maybe I'll just put a deposit down for some of them, that I know are going. If they decide not to go, I can get the deposit back. The price is so good right now, I would hate for them to pay higher. What about flights ? Should I worry about that right now? We do have a book of rooms, pre cruise, aleady booked for everyone for the night before.

You can start talking about the flights now. If there is a large group leaving from the same area, call around to the airlines flying out of your local airport and ask to speak to the group rate desk. You should be able to get a decent deal for booking a large group.

We did this for a baseball team that had to go to a tournament, but didn't know until the night before whether they were going (gotta love those sudden-death tourneys, huh?).

Oh, and congrats on your upcoming wedding, too!

Archived