RENEWAL OF WEDDING VOWS

shiny1

1 hour ago, Kellyansapansa said:

Can anyone confirm if they're still running the group renewal ceremonies? It sounds like fun!

I haven't seen it in recent years and I'm pretty sure my wife would have dragged me to it if they did have it.

I'm thinking there's not much profit in having groups vs what they can sell individual ceremonies for. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/27/2023 at 10:13 AM, Rick&Jeannie said:

I did a bit of research into the "group vow renewal" bit...here's what I came up with in case there are any doubters out there that believe *all* renewals are "private":

Princess Cruises Sets GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™ Title for Largest Multi-Location Vow Renewal

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/princess-cruises-sets-guinness-world-records-title-for-largest-multi-location-vow-renewal-301005030.html

We participated in this.  It was fun.  They actually had people on board from Guiness.  I seem to remember that there were three Princess ships involved.  I think we were on Enchanted.  

• Like 1

Ok so no dress to pack this year, my husband is now thinking about a Bermuda cruise next year and a renewal on the beach 🥰, a lot less expensive 🤔... I hope!

• Like 1

On 6/22/2024 at 11:33 PM, TCPAUL said:

Re Renewal of Vows on Princess Cruise Ships. I am planning this event for January 2025 on board  Crown Princess. I see that Neonsport (Post of 27 March 2023) 'got away' with $250 whereas the full package costs $1,595. Has any one had same luck as Neonsport on board  a Princess Cruise of Year 2024 or in the latter part of Year 2023. Thanks

We didn't get away with anything, that's just how much the renewal of vows package cost when we booked it in 2022.  There was no "full package" available for $1,595 at that time.  I just checked to confirm that for our next upcoming cruise the renewal of vows is not longer showing as a bookable option and instead takes you to the "princess perfect weddings at sea" page:

https://www.princess.com/en-us/news/news-releases/2023/06/princess-cruises-unveils-new-princess-perfect-weddings-at-sea

I guess you cant just book it as a celebration online any longer and have to go through the wedding dept.?

Only difference I see is that the new package appears to include photos.  We did pay almost $500 for the photo package.  A few large ones, one on metal, a couple of USB drives with everything on it,  and a literal stack of smaller (5'x8" maybe?) photos at least 2-3" thick.  I have my doubts that all that is included in the new package so I think the increase in prices is kind of BS.  Over double the price (if you include the pics) and you get less out of it.

It was a great deal at the time, but I guess nothing lasts forever.