Activity Card

arpie05

I have only sailed NCL twice but I was reading the Daillies someone posted from their cruise last year. What are Activity card points? I saw where on the last day you go to redeem points from participating in activities. I am curious how one signs up for this or knows about. 

If you participate in activities led by the cruise director's staff (trivia and other games), instead of giving out prizes right away, they give everybody who took part a signature on their "activity card". You collect as many signatures as you can during the cruise, and then on the last night you can exchange them for some Norwegian logo items (keychains, t-shirts, mugs).

No need to sign up, just show up for an activity and go collect your signature afterwards.

On 3/24/2023 at 12:35 PM, arpie05 said:

I have only sailed NCL twice but I was reading the Daillies someone posted from their cruise last year. What are Activity card points? I saw where on the last day you go to redeem points from participating in activities. I am curious how one signs up for this or knows about. 

NCL used to use activity cards prior to the COVID shutdowns, but on the several post-COVID cruises that we have taken, they just hand out prizes as soon as a winner is declared for each activity.  As @casofilia mentioned, the quality of the prizes has suffered lately.  Frequently it's just a T shirt or a deck of cards bearing the NCL emblem.

On my Escape cruise last week there were several activities for which a prize was not given to the winner, just the double signature on the activity card for winning the activity.  I happened to win one that DID have a prize - a t-shirt that's one size too small...

• Haha 1

@The Traveling Man

We did 4 cruises on the Jade November/December and had LOTS of filled cards.   "Prize Giving" was during our dining time, by the time we got there there was NOTHING worthwhile available.   I don't believe that there were any T shirts at all.   We managed to get ONE NCL mug and a couple of pens, 

7 minutes ago, casofilia said:

@The Traveling Man

We did 4 cruises on the Jade November/December and had LOTS of filled cards.   "Prize Giving" was during our dining time, by the time we got there there was NOTHING worthwhile available.   I don't believe that there were any T shirts at all.   We managed to get ONE NCL mug and a couple of pens, 

I guess it varies from one ship to another.  We have been on the Encore, Epic, Getaway, Prima, and Sky since the restart.  None of them used activity cards.  We now have almost a dozen decks of NCL cards and eight or nine NCL T shirts.

On 3/24/2023 at 5:35 PM, arpie05 said:

It varies from ship to ship, some ships they give a prize to the winner at the end of the activity (t-stirt and the like), we had this on the Spirit a few weeks ago.
On other ships you collect signatures on cards and trade them for prizes on the last day (water bottles, t-shirts, beach bags etc), we had this in December on the Breakaway.

1 hour ago, hawkeyetlse said:

What were these great prizes in the past? For as long as I can remember the top prize has been the coffee mug or a t-shirt.

We have recently had some nice beach bags, t-shirts, cell phone power banks (v-good), playing cards, pens, pint glass cups etc etc.
When they have collector cards the items have a value, a beach bag might need 60 signatures while a pen might need 5.

Here are some examples of the tat you can win 😂

Pint mug

IMG_20230327_142153.thumb.jpg.346876c32d4d9cb6be10cb48a100701e.jpg

Bottle opener

IMG_20230327_141951.thumb.jpg.a47a41019872586ed004bf68474afd97.jpg

Power bank

IMG_20230327_142026.thumb.jpg.cd77b451c3dfa3e83fd544e6aefa1980.jpg

Cell phone stand

IMG_20230327_142108.thumb.jpg.14e52bcd76f15afc3cf5e057360c5c74.jpg

Beach bag

IMG_20230327_142504.thumb.jpg.ccca3a5ea54f3f4d5aab673806cde2ce.jpg

Folding frisbee 

IMG_20230327_142522.thumb.jpg.c5aa938d1d5dd3efe9eb1f19e6b16725.jpg

Playing Cards

IMG_20230327_142544.thumb.jpg.fa892c3a6cd7cb11dde3382df60c4402.jpg

Retractable Lanyard

IMG_20230327_142552.thumb.jpg.df8747c556fa367ab1304d533c734057.jpg

Lanyard

IMG_20230327_142602.thumb.jpg.b7129918611dd5134037eb92508f32df.jpg

Beer can cooler
IMG_20230327_142514(1).thumb.jpg.01d85a829f92bc96d06bd23e476055c4.jpg

Edited by ziggyuk
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, hawkeyetlse said:

Wow, someone emptied out the whole cabinet 😝 Those of you complaining about no prizes left by the time you went to redeem, you now know who took them all!

Nice to see some new (to me) items here.

😂 It was so funny on one cruise recently (no activity cards) we were the only people at some activities so we always won first and second prize 😂

• Haha 1

Forgot the water bottle, really big useful bottle.
That came from the Breakaway in December when they had activity cards, cant remember how many signatures, but I use it all the time.

IMG_20230327_150027.thumb.jpg.abd4a96055652af148d371c1826af0bc.jpg

1 minute ago, disneylover89 said:

When we cruised last year on the Encore there was no mention of activity cards, nor did I see anyone with one.  I can't recall if anyone got a prize at the trivia events, but I did get a t-shirt when I participated in the Male vs Female competition. 

I have only seen the activity cards used on the Breakaway and Jade.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, carohs said:

I would like a deck of cards, a tshirt, and a power bank maybe. Can signature cards be combined?

Yes, they can, even some people gave us theirs as they did not collect many signatures, I think the minimum was 20 signatures (one complete card) for a gift. when you complete a card they give you a new one but you can have several running at a time if you leave them in your room.
Some entertainment staff only give two signatures to the winner and one to everyone else. While other staff (like the DJ on the Jade) would give everyone about five signatures 😂

Edited by ziggyuk
  • Thanks 1