Eastern Caribbean Antilles: How noticeable is that extra day?

karmamule

With the exception of one 14 day cruise, we've always done 7 day cruises. Anything less seems like it would just be too short for us. I'm wondering how much of a difference having that extra day of an 8 day cruise felt to people who've done it: did it feel the same as a 7 day or was that extra day noticeable?

We just sailed on Valiant 8 night Eastern Caribbean. We have done lots of 7 nights on other lines and 2 5 nights on VV. I thought the 8 night was perfect! We both remarked how much more relaxed we were knowing we had so much time to enjoy everything the ship had to offer. 

• Like 4

I live in a world where the longer a cruise is, the better.  I won't do anything less than 7 days unless it is part of a B2B, and even then, there needs to be a good reason.  So, does the 8th day matter---IMHO, yes.

• Like 2

8 day cruises are better than 7. 14 days are better than 8. I have cruised a lot and just knowing you dont have to exit the ship and get back to the "daily rat race" after 4, 5 or 7 days DOES bring an extra bit of peace. 

I highly recommend the 8 day verses 7.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, cantgetin said:

I live in a world where the longer a cruise is, the better.  I won't do anything less than 7 days unless it is part of a B2B, and even then, there needs to be a good reason.  So, does the 8th day matter---IMHO, yes.

Our last several cruises have been 7 day so having that extra day should help us avoid starting to feel the 'end-is-nigh' blues a bit longer.

We have two more cruises after this one, each one longer than the last. After this 8 day we have an 11 day Canada / New England on Celebrity Summit, and then next year we have a 14 day all-over-the-caribbean on MSC Seascape.

We may book another Virgin cruise for later 2024 while on board as you recommended in your other post, but that won't be longer than 8 days because of vacation day limitations. 

• Like 1