Evening entertainment questions

Sujormik

We typically like to have dinner later, definitely not before 7 pm.  Can someone talk about the entertainment on Oceania, what sort of evening shows they offer and timing? When do you get a sense of the schedule, so making reservations in the specialty restaurants doesn’t conflict with something good?  Too optimistic?  Appreciate hearing your thoughts.  Thanks.

Read your Currents carefully every evening for the next day as well, to see what all is happening when each day.

On Riviera 12/2021 they had a comic do his show at 5:30 pm. You should've seen the mad rush out the exits as the herd thundered to the elevators to make their 6:30 reservations! You didn't want to be standing in their way. On Sirena 11/2022 we had a comic do a sea day show at 2:30.

But the main entertainment each evening on both was at 9:30 PM. IF you want to see lots of shows (wife & I don't, we only see the comics), I would get a reservation NLT 7:30 PM and preferably at 7 PM. The specialty restaurants seem to fill up to capacity at 6:30 PM when they open. And the service can get a bit slower later into the evening, depending upon how tables clear as pax leave.

• Thanks 1

Is any of the entertainment worth returning to the ship for on late nights in port? I think we have a couple ports where we are docked until 10 pm.  Unless there’s some amazing restaurant on shore (which seems unlikely with our itinerary) I’d not want to miss a dinner onboard.

On those late nights does anyone return to shore after dinner for awhile? Again, I do t think our itinerary makes it likely, just curious mainly.

42 minutes ago, Sujormik said:

Is any of the entertainment worth returning to the ship for on late nights in port? I think we have a couple ports where we are docked until 10 pm.  Unless there’s some amazing restaurant on shore (which seems unlikely with our itinerary) I’d not want to miss a dinner onboard.

On those late nights does anyone return to shore after dinner for awhile? Again, I do t think our itinerary makes it likely, just curious mainly.

10 pm means you'll need to be back on the ship by 9:30 pm (or earlier...whatever the Currents daily says) which is usually when the show starts. There isn't a lot of time after dinner (say, 6:30 to 8:30) to do anything unless there is something (cafe, pub, etc.) right at/near the pier (e.g., SFO yes, Ketchikan no).

• Thanks 1

I should have said that going back into town is easier in the Med. ports. If you have any overnights take advantage of the nightlife. Most stops you do not get a chance to see the city at night, quite a different look.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sujormik said:

We have gone  ashore  for a walk after dinner  in some places  ..it was still light out   & docked in town

Depends on the  show  if you want to rush back

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, honmani2 said:

Is there a different 9:30 pm show every night or does it repeat on some nights?

The production cast shows are not repeated, unless you are on a B2B.   Headliner acts (singer, comedian, magician, etc.) that are brought onboard, generally do two shows (although different) during their time on board generally a couple nights apart.  Some are quite good.   Some, not so much.  On our last cruise on Sirena (March/April) the production cast was excellent.   Martin Kaye (piano man extraordinaire) and Katie Porter (singer/Adele tribute) two acts brought on board were superb.

Joe

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

The only type of entertainment we enjoy is a good comedian. We don't sail on O for entertainment and don't miss any of it....

That is us, too. Just the comics. We cruise on port-intensive cruises, for the ports & excursions. So we're usually in bed asleep by 10. Going to be the first off the ship the next morning. And the last back on at the end of the day.

• Like 1