Oosterdam Bathroom nightlight VF balcony cabin

Alphen

Did a search through internet and this forum, but could not find an answer to this specific question; does a VF balcony cabin deck 4, have some sort of nightlight in the bathroom?

During my search I found answers for Pinnacle class, Nieuw Amsterdam, Eurodam and Noordam, but not for Oosterdam for balcony cabins, specifically Oosterdam VF on deck 4.

Thanks in advance.

I disembarked Oosterdam two weeks ago in Buenos Aires.  Was in VB verandah 5042.  I realize you're asking about VF vs. my VB but I would think the only difference would be the steel railing outside.  FWIW, my stateroom bathroom most definitely did have a nightlight.  It was in the center of the ceiling.  A small pinhole type light that never went off.  The perfect nightlight.

Edited by johnnyswitzerland
Clarity
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, johnnyswitzerland said:

It was in the center of the ceiling.  A small pinhole type light that never went off.  The perfect nightlight.

Perfect in the bathroom but not much use in guiding you from bed to the bathroom door without crashing into the table, chair or wardrobe.

Always bring a nightlight which we put on the floor.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, johnnyswitzerland said:

I disembarked Oosterdam two weeks ago in Buenos Aires.  Was in VB verandah 5042.  I realize you're asking about VF vs. my VB but I would think the only difference would be the steel railing outside.  FWIW, my stateroom bathroom most definitely did have a nightlight.  It was in the center of the ceiling.  A small pinhole type light that never went off.  The perfect nightlight.

Thanks, I guess they will be the same. We normally bring our battery light, but may leave it this time.

On a recent cruise on Noordam in the Pinnacle Suite, we experienced a new type of nightlight which is such a great idea that I'm surprised no one thought of this before.  Under each side table by the bed, there was a motion sensor nightlight under the table.  In the middle of the night when you put your feet on the floor the light went on.  It stayed on for about one minute after motion stopped.  So after doing your business in the bathroom, the nightlight on that side of the bed came back on, and then if you needed to go to the other side of the bed, as you walked over, the other nightlight came on.  One minute after you were in bed, the lights automatically turned off.

This worked wonderfully, and I am thinking of setting something like this up in our home.  Hopefully, other ships/cabins will get this, and same with hotels.

• Like 1

We had a similar night light on the Zuiderdam.  I loved it.  My husband hated it, said it woke him up every time I got up. On  the Rotterdam, we left the bathroom light on with the door closed, just a bit of light slipped through the crack for me to see.  On the Oosterdam, we tried to leave the door cracked but sometimes it slammed shut.

We were on the Oosterdam in January and February and we were in a VA verandah on Deck 5 and it too had the nightlight in the center of the ceiling.  It worked great and, if you left the bathroom door open at night, we found it bright enough to guide our way to the bathroom. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1