Are Ultra Deluxe Veranda Stateroom the largest cabins?

Ex-Airbalancer

Ultra Deluxe Veranda Stateroom
Spacious staterooms located in the aft of the ship, each with its own extra-large private veranda to enjoy the beautiful sunsets. Ultra Deluxe Veranda staterooms have the largest veranda of any Solstice Series stateroom offering superb ocean views at the stern of the ship. 
  • Sleeps 5. 2 bedroom, 1 bath. 628-680 sqft.
  • Large forward-facing windows and side-facing veranda.
  • Expanded living space. Dining area. Only 4 on ship.

This is the description from the move up bid on the Reflection transatlantic cruise , it about $100 pp 

I was wondering how a cabin at the aft of the ships can have forward facing windows could it be a mistake Celebrity  🤔😁

• Haha 4

The deck plans beginning 4/23 show the Ultra Deluxe Verandas as what were the Family Verandas on Deck 7 & 8 forward, only 4 of them on S class.   On the M class ship they are actually located at the aft.  

• Like 1

We are booked in this cabin on the Summit in August.  There are video tours available on YouTube - it looks amazing.  The balcony has a 270 degree view from down the side of the ship towards the front, all the way around to the other side of the aft. (I hope that makes sense - check out the videos.)

48 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:
Spacious staterooms located in the aft of the ship, each with its own extra-large private veranda to enjoy the beautiful sunsets. Ultra Deluxe Veranda staterooms have the largest veranda of any Solstice Series stateroom offering superb ocean views at the stern of the ship. 

This is the description from the move up bid on the Reflection transatlantic cruise , it about $100 pp 

I was wondering how a cabin at the aft of the ships can have forward facing windows could it be a mistake Celebrity  🤔😁

Here is a video - this is on M Class 

5 minutes ago, Spurs Fans said:

We are booked in this cabin on the Summit in August.  There are video tours available on YouTube - it looks amazing.  The balcony has a 270 degree view from down the side of the ship towards the front, all the way around to the other side of the aft. (I hope that makes sense - check out the videos.)

These cabins on the aft corners of M class ships have great balconies.  The S class are quite different 

The OP is talking about the Reflection.

Edited by jelayne

6 minutes ago, Spurs Fans said:

The ship we are on is the Reflection so SClass ship, 

aft cabin and fronted facing windows 🤣

62BD2A31-C063-48C0-8C79-A453B0C3BE46.jpeg

I did a web search and found a YouTube video. Family Veranda Stateroom 7107 Tour (Celebrity Reflection)

It does have forward facing windows and some awkward corners. The veranda is small, and I see a wardrobe and what looks like a very tiny table on one side of the master bed but roomy overall. I do see something, maybe a small desk beyond the wardrobe in the master.

Edited by Glendakayself
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Yes. Accuracy is lacking. Ever since the family cabins were introduced all the way back when Century was built (Cat 3 cabins back then), Celebrity always had errors with the FV description (for C, M, and S class). Usually the square footage was not correct and many times the stock photo of the cabin was wrong. The error in the description is pretty funny. 

Edited by mahdnc

19 minutes ago, Glendakayself said:

I did a web search and found a YouTube video. Family Veranda Stateroom 7107 Tour (Celebrity Reflection)

It does have forward facing windows and some awkward corners. The veranda is small, and I see a wardrobe rather than a table on one side of the master bed but roomy overall.

I posted this yesterday in a different thread: the S class FV balconies on Deck 7 are very small while the ones on Deck 8 are large. 

@Ex-Airbalancer,  here's a floor plan that I sketched out to scale of our Reflection FV:

E8A6521A-4402-4510-B34B-1882766261DD.jpe

The family cabins are or were spec'd out to sleep five people. 

Century class family cabins were furnished with five beds although they were outside cabins (I'm ignoring the late balcony conversion they did on Century). 

Millennium class FV cabins are a puzzle because it is virtually impossible to sleep five unless you have two small kids that could share one of the sofa beds. Although it had a lot of floor space, the FVs were long and narrow and you really couldn't add a roll away bed without blocking the bathroom door or cabin exit. 

Solstice class FV cabins are furnished to sleep five (use the sofa for the fifth which our son always slept on). It actually had enough open floor space that you could in theory (but not in practice) add a roll away bed to sleep even more people (single bathroom notwithstanding). 

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

This cabin is listed on my MoveUp offer and it says aft of ship.   I was suspicious when I saw what looked like a big window which must be facing forward.   I wonder what happens when someone wins the bid expecting an aft view!   

Spacious staterooms located in the aft of the ship, each with its own extra-large private veranda to enjoy the beautiful sunsets

On 3/25/2023 at 3:08 PM, Glendakayself said:

It does have forward facing windows and some awkward corners. The veranda is small, and I see a wardrobe and what looks like a very tiny table on one side of the master bed but roomy overall. I do see something, maybe a small desk beyond the wardrobe in the master.

We have sailed in these on S Class, as Family cabins, and they were fantastic as a family room especially for space in the master bedroom, and the living area, but were not so good in terms of location - far forward (noise early morning when docking) they have a small veranda, and tiny second bunk bedroom. One bathroom with shower only.  We loved it when we had 3 kids with us! 

Currently being sold as Horizon Suites (which I could never understand, as they are not a suite by any means other than cabin space) Now seems they are re-categorizing? Back to a veranda class.

Interesting....       

39 minutes ago, mizLORInj said:

This cabin is listed on my MoveUp offer and it says aft of ship.   I was suspicious when I saw what looked like a big window which must be facing forward.   I wonder what happens when someone wins the bid expecting an aft view!   

Spacious staterooms located in the aft of the ship, each with its own extra-large private veranda to enjoy the beautiful sunsets

On M class they are aft and S class they are forward . 

42 minutes ago, mizLORInj said:

Forgot to mention, this is for ECLIPSE.  So their info is wrong!   

2 hours ago, ladylemondrop said:

We have sailed in these on S Class, as Family cabins, and they were fantastic as a family room especially for space in the master bedroom, and the living area, but were not so good in terms of location - far forward (noise early morning when docking) they have a small veranda, and tiny second bunk bedroom. One bathroom with shower only.  We loved it when we had 3 kids with us! 

Currently being sold as Horizon Suites (which I could never understand, as they are not a suite by any means other than cabin space) Now seems they are re-categorizing? Back to a veranda class.

Interesting....       

Family Veranda (FV) has been converted to Horizon Suites only on Silhouette.  They are not suites on the other S class ships (in fact they are renamed as Ultra Deluxe Veranda).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

Family Veranda (FV) has been converted to Horizon Suites only on Silhouette.  They are not suites on the other S class ships (in fact they are renamed as Ultra Deluxe Veranda).

Makes sense, much more realistic than trying to be a suite. To be honest, ultra spacious cabin with veranda would be more accurate! 

Edited by ladylemondrop
Added more
  • Like 1

The floor area is appealing and we had an ultra deluxe veranda booked on Solstice for 2 adults & a teen. However after reading reviews about the early morning noise (our cruise docks early morning most days), distance from restaurants and the sloping ceilings, plus more vertical movement in rough seas, I've switched to 2 connecting concierge staterooms midships for the same price.

• Like 2