excursions disappeared from 4 ports

ontheweb

Yes, this is what they have been doing over and again. They may not fully cancel the port, but they are delaying arrivals and accelerating departures. They have done this in the name of unforeseen circumstances, green initiatives, and port congestion, but it is really in the name of saving money on fuel and port charges for their convenience, not ours. If you are going independent on the shore ex, my advice is to make sure you have flexible cancellation with the shore side vendor or  your tour could end up starting or ending at a time when your ship will be at sea. If you are trying to book NCL, they reposted the available tours a few days after they announced the itinerary changes for our sailing.

Edited by luv2kroooz

2 hours ago, julig22 said:

Here's a thought - call NCL excursions.  They might not be able to tell you if ports have been cancelled but they certainly can tell you if everything is sold out.  

image.png.85e8523236e5a04cfe20b860135fa10a.png

I believe I posted earlier that I do intend to call, but had the feeling that on a weekend I was less likely to get someone who knew something.

18 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

I believe I posted earlier that I do intend to call, but had the feeling that on a weekend I was less likely to get someone who knew something.

I have never had an issue with excursion staff, at least with respect to telling me is something is sold out. But they aren't necessarily privy to additional information about port changes, etc.  And I usually call on the weekend.  But too late now, they are closed.

OP reporting back. The 4 missing days seem to have returned, at least on the library computer using a different platform.

So, either it was a weekend glitch, a problem with microsoft edge, or maybe a bad cookie. I'll have to check at home the next time I log in. If they are still not there, I may have to log out and then back in if it is a bad cookie.

OK, further update---still skips on my computer. I called NCL's tech support #. I was told 20 minute wait but they could give a call back. I opted for the call back, and was called about 10 miutes later.

I explained that it worked at the library correctly, but not on my computer. She had me try again, and still did not work. Her explanation was their website does not work well with Microsoft (I am using Microsoft Edge), but works well with firefox (which the library computer was on) and Google Chrome.

BTW, it had been working properly until this weekend, so I don't know about this explanation.

The good news is that hopefully none of your ports have been cancelled.  If you text or call NCL they will be able to schedule your excursions.  I'd recommend private ones (cruisers can help you find them on the northern europe board or tripadvisor) but either way I hope you have a wonderful vacation!

Edited by kitkat343