Refund???

Fisherwoman

I had to cancel a Great Lakes cruise due to a conflict.  I really didn't want to but I had to.  I was going to rebook, but decided to eat the penalty and get a refund.  I called and they told me it would be a "priority".  That was five weeks ago.  Any one have any idea when I can expect to receive this?   I am NOT happy and will not give them money again.

On 3/25/2023 at 4:55 PM, Fisherwoman said:

I had to cancel a Great Lakes cruise due to a conflict.  I really didn't want to but I had to.  I was going to rebook, but decided to eat the penalty and get a refund.  I called and they told me it would be a "priority".  That was five weeks ago.  Any one have any idea when I can expect to receive this?   I am NOT happy and will not give them money again.

Hi! We apologize for the delay. Can you please private message us with your reservation ID? We will look into the status of your refund. Thanks for being patient.

I haven't heard from American Queen so I called reservations.  Refunds are not processed until 60 to 90 days after cancellation.  When you book they want the full payment, yet refunds take 60 - 90 days!!!!  I will update when I finally get my refund.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fisherwoman said:

I haven't heard from American Queen so I called reservations.  Refunds are not processed until 60 to 90 days after cancellation.  When you book they want the full payment, yet refunds take 60 - 90 days!!!!  I will update when I finally get my refund.  

Thanks for the update, and yes, please do let us know when you get paid. 

On 3/30/2023 at 8:34 PM, Fisherwoman said:

This is exactly why I'm not too excited about booking with them again.  And the fact you have to call them to book.  They're still living in the 20th Century when it comes to conducting business on-line.

• Like 1

Today I had a reply to my Facebook message to AQ Voyages saying it was being investigated.  I sent them my email address, my reservation number all everything they needed.  I received an email from them saying my refund is being processed and it could take up to 10 days.

Thank you American Queen for helping me in this refund!   I'll post when I get the refund.  I'm in Canada so I won't be surprised if it takes 10 days to show up on my credit card.

• Thanks 1

On 4/4/2023 at 4:55 PM, PlayTheAces said:

This is exactly why I'm not too excited about booking with them again.  And the fact you have to call them to book.  They're still living in the 20th Century when it comes to conducting business on-line.

Hi! We allow guests to book on our website. You can find our voyages here: https://www.aqvoyages.com/

On 4/6/2023 at 9:49 AM, American Queen Voyages said:

Hi! We allow guests to book on our website. You can find our voyages here: https://www.aqvoyages.com/

True - You can pick the cruise specifics on the website, and then complete the booking over the phone.  Unless things have changed, however, not sure you can complete the payment online.