Coral - Island Princess Balconies

Tom O.

Just letting you all know that I have completed a major revision of the site I announced here a couple of weeks ago. I have added new photos, updated text, and have addressed some new issues. Also, thanks to several people who have let me know of corrections that needed to made, I am now confident that all the information is correct.

For those that are not familiar with the issue, there is a lot of confusion of whether balconies on the Coral and Island Princess are covered or not. These two ships have a different design than the rest of the Princess fleet, that results in balconies on the same deck to have several different configurations. See the complete discussion on the site.

It can be found at:

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

And Greatly Appreciated.

If I knew how to do animation, I'd have a standing "O" animating across the screen right now.

Oh well, lets do it the old fashioned way:

...close your eyes and bow to the crowd as their adulation thunders across the stage...

...the chant starts softly "Tom O.", "Tom O.", "Tom O.", but gradually builds...

...feet begin to stomp in time with the hands...

...the chant catches rythym with the clap and the stomp...

...the structure begins to shake as a resonance builds...

...soon the very earth seams to move...

...the sound is deafening...

...the crowd is going WILD...

Ok, moment over.

Your data helped me decide on the aftward dolphin mini-suites for our Hawaii cruise.

Thanks again.

Great site and very useful particularly as to which cabins have the larger balconies, perhaps Princess could employ you to do a complete set!

One point for anyone considering a bump out balcony, we had C637 on an Island Alaska cruise and because this one faces forward it can get pretty chilly, but the views are superb. If we went for a bumpout again I think we would go for an aft facing balcony. But for a hot weather cruise I think a standard position partial covered large balcony would be best.

Fantastic job! This should be a sticky!

I agree with whale. Cruise Critic hosts can this be a sticky? Many times the question has come up with the Coral/Island if the balconies are covered, uncovered, partial covered. We then could send them to a sticky to answer the question.

Marilyn

Wow, thank you VERY much for the diagrams as well. It's now saved as a link for me. I really appreciate it.

By any chance, do you know if Does B734 or B737 (Baja deck) have a wrap around so you can see the back? (Same with the others at this position)

Thank you!

Just letting you all know that I have completed a major revision of the site I announced here a couple of weeks ago. I have added new photos, updated text, and have addressed some new issues. Also, thanks to several people who have let me know of corrections that needed to made, I am now confident that all the information is correct.

For those that are not familiar with the issue, there is a lot of confusion of whether balconies on the Coral and Island Princess are covered or not. These two ships have a different design than the rest of the Princess fleet, that results in balconies on the same deck to have several different configurations. See the complete discussion on the site.

It can be found at:

THank you, this is so helpful. I'm using this info for booking my cruise.

Wow... as everyone else has said - Fantastic Job!!!

One question - you say that the bump out sections on the Aloha Deck (specifically corner D429) is covered - although, from the photo you have on your site, it appears it is only partially covered.

Thanks!!!!!

• 2 months later...
Just letting you all know that I have completed a major revision of the site I announced here a couple of weeks ago. See the complete discussion on the site.

It can be found at:

I'm on the Island right now. Any questions you need answered or pictures to update or complete your website?

Tom, Thanks for the great photo of the aft cabins. We are in D726 Dec. 2, 2006 so I think I am looking at where our room actually is in picture D. Just booked today and I am already getting excited. Hope the summer and fall go by quickly.

Char

Archived