Fire Stick use on Jewel

Yes. We did this last summer. Pre- Starlink. Worked fine. We were doing Arctic Circle and Iceland & Ireland,  and only had issues when we were extremely north. 

Search the forum, there's a number of threads. I want to say that on Jewel, the TV auto recognized that I plugged into the HDMI port,  but having a universal remote can be necessary on some ship's in order to have an "Input" button. Some newer ships may require unplugging the internet and rebooting the TV or something. 

I used a VPN connected to a US server. We use android phones, so we can Hotspot a wifi connection. So, to make things easier,  I pre-setup the firestick with WiFi connections to our phones' hotspot wifi. So, when we wanted to use the Firestick, we would turn on the Hotspot on one of our phones and the firestick would just connect to it instead of trying to connect directly to the ship's wifi each time. 

The ship's app won't work with current info if the VPN is on, so had to be careful to turn it on & off.As long as I always remembered to have the VPN on (on both the phone and the firestick), I could get YouTubeTV to work. If I forgot, I'd have to log back in,  and it would realize I was out of area. Huge PITA. 

BTW, along with the universal remote,  I pack a 10ft HDMI cable and a female-to-female adaptor so I don't need to worry about access to a free plug within 5 feet of the TV. Not so much an issue on Jewel, but just a suggesting in general. 

Do this with hotel TVs also. Just checked out of the hotel in Prague pre river cruise,  and watched some of our shows as we got ready in the morning or wind down before bed

We also were able to use our Firestick on Jewel last July 2022 during our Arctic Circle itinerary to watch Netflix, Amazon Prime etc.

If you have any trouble doing this just ask your cabin steward to have an electrician come to your cabin or call housekeeping and ask for one. 

We've been able to use our Firestick on the last 5 RCI ships we've recently sailed on.

6 hours ago, Ashland said:

We also were able to use our Firestick on Jewel last July 2022 during our Arctic Circle itinerary to watch Netflix, Amazon Prime etc.

If you have any trouble doing this just ask your cabin steward to have an electrician come to your cabin or call housekeeping and ask for one. 

We've been able to use our Firestick on the last 5 RCI ships we've recently sailed on.

What is a FIRESTICK?

13 minutes ago, IsanTom said:

What is a FIRESTICK?

FireStick is a small network appliances that deliver digital audio and video content streamed via the Internet to a connected high-definition television.  You connect it to a WiFi connection and to a smart TV and are able to play content from the internet on the TV. 

https://www.amazon.com/all-new-fire-tv-stick-4k-with-alexa-voice-remote/dp/B08XVYZ1Y5

7 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

FireStick is a small network appliances that deliver digital audio and video content streamed via the Internet to a connected high-definition television.  You connect it to a WiFi connection and to a smart TV and are able to play content from the internet on the TV. 

https://www.amazon.com/all-new-fire-tv-stick-4k-with-alexa-voice-remote/dp/B08XVYZ1Y5

Thanks