Anyone played "Cruise IQ"?

WillK

This board game is advertised in the latest issue of Cruise Travel:

"Cruise IQ is for everyone who loves crusing, traveling and is curious about the world. The two-sided game board takes you to 200 ports of call worldwide. Genuine pewter cruise ship playing pieces move you from one wonderful destination to another - if you have the right answer. Cruise IQ has 1000 questions about ships, cruise lines, ports, shore trips, people, culture, history, geography and our world. $24.95 including shipping -800.392.2203"

This looks like fun. Has anyone played this game?

Cruise IQ has 1000 questions about ships.

Such as, "What altitude are we at? Where does the crew sleep at night? Does our cabin have cable tv? Which stairs go up? Who steers the ship when the Captain is in the dining room?"

:D

We own this game and play it fairly regularly. It is not 100% cruise related but it's always great when one of my questions is! There is also a lot of material pertaining to history, culture, and geography. I do recommend it, though, and it is suitable for a wide range of audiences.

Well, from some of the questions I've heard and heard of people asking, I'm thinking their IQ (not just cruise IQ) must be very near single digits! ;)

:D :D LOL! Actually I think this would be an interesting game, imagine Trivial Pursuit with a nautical twist . Can you get it at stores?

I purchased this game last year in the fall. I had seen it listed in the Cruise Travel Magazine for a while. I had enquired as to how much the shipping was to Canada and it was alot. My sister had found a website which sold this (I can't remember it) and I contacted them and the shipping just happened to be free for that week (even to Canada). I was so excited to receive it in the mail a few weeks later. I saved it to play with my family at Christmas. Only 1 of my sisters including myself who have been on cruises, so we thought we would know more than the rest. Well like what was said earlier, their is a lot of questions that don't pertain to cruising, but the actual countries. You wouldn't believe some of the questions regarding cruising that I did not know the answers to but the ones that had not cruised, they knew. All in all, it was a fun game.

Archived