MSC Brooklyn Cruise Terminal

juancarlosgarciasanchez

• 6 months later...
15 minutes ago, Ogden0567 said:

Called MSC and they gave us 210 Clinton Wharf, Brooklyn NY Pier 12 as the address.

Clinton wharf looks like the pier for the NY water taxi/ shuttles, but the ship will be about 50 yards away. This is the address I gave our driver:140 W 24 Street Brooklyn.

Edited by rikitikitavii
Address correction.

On 3/26/2023 at 12:45 PM, Pat said:

The exact address is 72 Bowne St. Brooklyn

MSC really needs to improve their terminal facilities 🤣 

Jut kidding… this is close to the port but is definitely an industrial garage in Red Hook, not the terminal address.

IMG_0006.thumb.jpeg.99fbdff0270acea9c126fb8813acf0d3.jpeg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rikitikitavii said:

Clinton wharf looks like the pier for the NY water taxi/ shuttles, but the ship will be about 50 yards away. This is the address I gave our driver:140 W 24 Street Brooklyn.

Also, W 24th Street in Brooklyn is in Coney Island. Not close to Red Hook or the cruise terminal at all. 

• Like 1

I have seen the 210 Clinton Wharf address in several places, including under Embarkation info in the App (click Profile, then My Cruise, then look under Embarkation info.). 

When your eTicket becomes available it is on the page that says "Main Steps for Embarkation" .... it was page 16 for me.

1 hour ago, AstoriaPreppy said:

Also, W 24th Street in Brooklyn is in Coney Island. Not close to Red Hook or the cruise terminal at all. 

Oops, my bad, 72 Bowne St: Brooklyn Cruise Terminal, this isn’t s the correct address, 24 is hotel in Manhattan!!

If we didn’t have to transfer ferries, we 100% would be taking the ferry from our neighborhood to Red Hook for our January sailing. Knowing we’d have to do an outdoor wintertime transfer in lower manhattan, with bags, we’ll probably just do an uber/lyft.

We plan on taking the ferry from Wall Street/Pier 11. My wife and I will each have a large checked bag. I don't see anything on the ferry website about bringing bags on the ferry, although I do see language about bringing folding bikes. Any help on whether bringing large bags/suitcases is an issue?

7 hours ago, jcathers1 said:

We plan on taking the ferry from Wall Street/Pier 11. My wife and I will each have a large checked bag. I don't see anything on the ferry website about bringing bags on the ferry, although I do see language about bringing folding bikes. Any help on whether bringing large bags/suitcases is an issue?

It’s a bit like the subway… there’s no prohibition about bringing big bags on the train, but it’s certainly an acquired skill if you’re not used to it, and you might be an annoyance to the regulars. 

That said, ferry use in NY is way lower than the subway, so you’re much more likely to have plenty of space near your seat to tuck your bags away. Wall St - Red Hook isn’t exactly a booming route. 

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Cruise Critic and I apologize if I'm not in the right spot for this question.  We are cruising on MSC Meraviglia from this port in January and wondering if there are any hotels that offer Park and Cruise packages?

Thank you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sourpikles said:

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Cruise Critic and I apologize if I'm not in the right spot for this question.  We are cruising on MSC Meraviglia from this port in January and wondering if there are any hotels that offer Park and Cruise packages?

Thank you!

I haven't been able to find any. There are some hotels near the airport that offer park & fly and you could always get your own ground transportation from those to the cruise terminal. But it does not appear that there are any hotels in the area that offer included ground transportation to the Brooklyn cruise terminal, only Manhattan or Cape Liberty.

72 Bowne was the original 2006 street address of the Red Hook Pier 12 on Buttermilk Channel on the south side of the Atlantic Basin at Pioneer and Imlay Streets. The main gate for Pier 12 is Bowne and Imlay Streets hence you get that address. Converted from a 1954 freight terminal and was earlier site of the Atlantic Basin Iron Works. 

That's the address I used for all my Princess cruises prior to NYC Ferry arriving.

When they built the Ferry slip, they changed the street name to 210 Clinton Wharf. The gate at Bowne and Imlay Streets is left LOCKED when a cruise ship is calling. If you use Bowne Street as the address some GPS' will bring you to that locked gate.

Use 210 Clinton Wharf and you won't go wrong. 

• Like 1

On 10/23/2023 at 9:35 AM, JamieLogical said:

I haven't been able to find any. There are some hotels near the airport that offer park & fly and you could always get your own ground transportation from those to the cruise terminal. But it does not appear that there are any hotels in the area that offer included ground transportation to the Brooklyn cruise terminal, only Manhattan or Cape Liberty.

I think we are going the park and fly route and get our own transportation to the terminal.  Thank you for the information JamieLogical!  😃

On 10/23/2023 at 7:13 AM, sourpikles said:

Hi everyone,

Thank you!

Hi! We're also from Canada (Ottawa). There are no park & cruise hotels in Brooklyn, but there are several in NJ. We are staying at the SureStay by Best Western for our December cruise. One night with 8 nights of parking was about $300.

2 hours ago, Ottawa_Cruiser said:

Hi! We're also from Canada (Ottawa). There are no park & cruise hotels in Brooklyn, but there are several in NJ. We are staying at the SureStay by Best Western for our December cruise. One night with 8 nights of parking was about $300.

Was that cruising out of the Brooklyn cruise terminal? I couldn't find any with a shuttle to the Brooklyn cruise terminal.

53 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Was that cruising out of the Brooklyn cruise terminal? I couldn't find any with a shuttle to the Brooklyn cruise terminal.

Ah, I missed the shuttle part! No it isn’t. We plan on using the water taxi system. 😀