Equinox balconies - alternating bed locations?

Joanne G.

Do the layouts Deck 8 balcony cabins on the Equinox alternate between bed by the balcony door and bed by the bathroom?   And if so, is there a way to determine which my cabin 8268 is?  I didn't think of this when booking, and I am not sure it matters a lot to me, but after reading discussions regarding other ships, now I am curious.

1 minute ago, Joanne G. said:

Do the layouts Deck 8 balcony cabins on the Equinox alternate between bed by the balcony door and bed by the bathroom?   And if so, is there a way to determine which my cabin 8268 is?  I didn't think of this when booking, and I am not sure it matters a lot to me, but after reading discussions regarding other ships, now I am curious.

Look at the deck plan. If the cabin has a square or triangle on it, then it is bed by bath. Those are the ones that sleep either 3 or 4.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the quick response.   Mine has neither a square nor a triangle, so apparently that means bed by the balcony door.   That's OK, and I am solo, so it wouldn't make sense for me to take a cabin for 3 or 4.  

Not exactly.  The cabins with the icon that they sleep 3 or 4 have the bed by the bathroom and alternate with cabins that have the bed by the balcony.  You need to find a cabin near yours with the icon and count to see which your cabin is.  Your cabin 8268 has the bed by the balcony but the ones aft of you all alternate.

• Thanks 1

Thanks.  I probably would have picked the bed by the bathroom, in order to sit by the balcony door to enjoy the view.  But I'm not sure it worth the trouble to switch.  And I expect to be sitting outside on the balcony.  Are there reasons others prefer the bed by the balcony door?   

36 minutes ago, Joanne G. said:

Thanks.  I probably would have picked the bed by the bathroom, in order to sit by the balcony door to enjoy the view.  But I'm not sure it worth the trouble to switch.  And I expect to be sitting outside on the balcony.  Are there reasons others prefer the bed by the balcony door?   

I prefer by the balcony as do you. I like to sit by the balcony door as well.

1 hour ago, Joanne G. said:

Are there reasons others prefer the bed by the balcony door?   

The reason we like it is when you walk into the room it feels bigger and you have more space.  Also we like laying in bed and looking out in the morning.  But either configuration is fine with us.

2 hours ago, Joanne G. said:

Yes they alternate. Bed is by the balcony.  Below is the linc for the spread sheet for S-class cabin info. The linc will be on the first page. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/863876-s-class-cabin-information-compilation-please-do-not-post-cabin-questions-here/?do=getNewComment

We like the bed by the washroom and sitting area by the balcony.  My husband gets up very early and so can make his way out to the balcony without disturbing me in bed.  Also, for us, being older people, bed by the washroom is handy!  LOL!

Thank you all for the information.  I spent so much time searching itineraries that I didn't give a thought to the layout of the cabin.  I figured all balconies along that deck in that category would be the same.  It was only after I started reading the Celebrity board (after not having been on Celebrity in years) that I learned they may not all be the same.   And I missed the great resource of that cabin information compilation.   Live and learn!  I haven't decided if I'll ask my travel agent to change it.  Thanks again.