Boarding at different times

slickpat

We'll be traveling to NYC for the Prima in a few weeks. My MIL will be cruising with us in our cabin (2nd bedroom) but she'll arrive in NYC a bit later then us. Do we all have to check in at the pier together or can we check in and board separately? 

Thanks!

15 minutes ago, slickpat said:

We'll be traveling to NYC for the Prima in a few weeks. My MIL will be cruising with us in our cabin (2nd bedroom) but she'll arrive in NYC a bit later then us. Do we all have to check in at the pier together or can we check in and board separately? 

Thanks!

If you are booked on the same reservation, you probably need to be together in one group to check in.  If you're booked under two different reservation numbers then you can check in whenever you want.

i have some experience with someone on the same reservation checking in at a different time at the manhattan cruise ship terminal, although under a different scenario.

last september, i did a B2B on the joy out of NYC. i was on a 5-day bermuda itinerary as a solo cruiser. then my friend joined me on a 10-day new england/canada cruise immediately following. she was on the reservation... same reservation number as me. all of this was explicitly noted in the reservation and the haven concierge team was alerted that this would be happening.

they still got it wrong.

every step of the way, my traveling companion was asked "where is UKstages? why is he not checking in with you? when will he be joining you?"

when they were told i was already on the ship... nobody seemed to understand how that could be possible.

anyway, the long and the short of it is... you can check in separately at the pier, even if you're on the same reservation. but there will be a lot of raised eyebrows and head scratching. and probably at least one person who will insist that you have to check in together.

you don't.

but it makes it easier if you do.

• Like 1