Swapping elite complimentary mini bar choices now that coffee card has gone

Cbtours

4 hours ago, Happiest when cruising said:

Or, they have a very generous TA? I’m with you as many say they were gifted it. I’d like the name of their agent, too. 

We paid for the Plus Package Fare last December.

In the personalizer, both the Plus Beverage Package and the Internet were listed as "Compliments of name of travel agent". Also said Complimentary gift. Easy for someone to not realize they paid for it and it was not a free gift.

image.thumb.png.6e6eb75a42cbf269c563b76ab2279478.png

• Like 2

7 hours ago, caribill said:

We paid for the Plus Package Fare last December.

In the personalizer, both the Plus Beverage Package and the Internet were listed as "Compliments of name of travel agent". Also said Complimentary gift. Easy for someone to not realize they paid for it and it was not a free gift.

image.thumb.png.6e6eb75a42cbf269c563b76ab2279478.png

I agree. I don’t bother with the packages so I had not seen it on paper before. Thanks. 
It sure makes the TA’s look good. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happiest when cruising said:

I agree. I don’t bother with the packages so I had not seen it on paper before. Thanks. 
It sure makes the TA’s look good. 

More importantly, it tells people that these items are at no cost to them at all, convincing them that paying more the Plus package price is great since so much is free without them paying extra..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, caribill said:

More importantly, it tells people that these items are at no cost to them at all, convincing them that paying more the Plus package price is great since so much is free without them paying extra..

Can't believe anyone would pay the higher Plus price and not realize the price they are paying includes drinks, wi-fi and gratuities that show "free" in that section.  Compliments of your TA has always been listed by the items in that section of our Personalizer.  Long time ago, sometimes we would see a bottle of wine or a photo that did come free from the TA amenities. 

15 hours ago, Happiest when cruising said:

Or, they have a very generous TA? I’m with you as many say they were gifted it. I’d like the name of their agent, too. 

We had it on our last cruise and our have it on our upcoming April one, because the difference between regular price and princess plus was only about $40 total (not per day) more than the regular/gratuities/wifi/old soda package.  Not sure why it was priced so competitive.  Probably to suck us in and enjoy the package! LOL   On our June cruise, the price difference was more, so we opted to just book regular.  

Edited by wrongwaywatson

On 3/26/2023 at 2:35 PM, Sea Hag said:

A few weeks back, we swapped out everything for sparkling water. We got 20 or 24 of those. Hubby thought 20; I thought 24. He's probably right. That was a nice option, but not as nice as the two coffee packages.

ooohh sparkling water...great choice. I always swab it out for other sodas and liquors and beers but now I'll add sparkling water too.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Princessfan20 said:

Can you imagine if they take away free laundry for Elites how crowded and in demand the laundry rooms will be.  At least we will have a new topic for a thread on CC - Washing Machine/Dryer Hogs!

I've never used the Elite free laundry as it seems there are so many that we always get notices that turnaround time will be 3 days. I travel with carryon only so don't have enough inventory to make 3 day turnaround convenient. I just hand wash and dry on balcony with clips on the chairs while we are in the room.

25 minutes ago, remydiva said:

I've never used the Elite free laundry as it seems there are so many that we always get notices that turnaround time will be 3 days. I travel with carryon only so don't have enough inventory to make 3 day turnaround convenient. I just hand wash and dry on balcony with clips on the chairs while we are in the room.

Try these magnetic hooks from Amazon.  Put them on ceiling and they are great to hang your clothes to dry.  Also good to hang papers/invitations, photos, etc on your walls.  They unscrew to make packing them easy.

image.png.5c6113ac326f56d4580a865275a77e35.png

Edited by coo359a2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, wrongwaywatson said:

We had it on our last cruise and our have it on our upcoming April one, because the difference between regular price and princess plus was only about $40 total (not per day) more than the regular/gratuities/wifi/old soda package.  Not sure why it was priced so competitive.  Probably to suck us in and enjoy the package! LOL   On our June cruise, the price difference was more, so we opted to just book regular.  

Did you book it yourself? Or was it a TA? It’s the people who truly believe it was a gift from their TA that I’m talking about. There was a promo for a brief time that it was that inexpensive, so I’m glad you enjoyed it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happiest when cruising said:

Did you book it yourself? Or was it a TA? It’s the people who truly believe it was a gift from their TA that I’m talking about. There was a promo for a brief time that it was that inexpensive, so I’m glad you enjoyed it. 

We used a travel agent, but it wasn't a gift from the travel agent.  I agree with you, they paid for it!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

Can't believe anyone would pay the higher Plus price and not realize the price they are paying includes drinks, wi-fi and gratuities that show "free" in that section.  Compliments of your TA has always been listed by the items in that section of our Personalizer.  Long time ago, sometimes we would see a bottle of wine or a photo that did come free from the TA amenities. 

It is easy to believe that after you also have seen Princess marketing that says "Over $950 value on a 7-day cruise when you buy Princess Plus."

The bottle of wine or photo or OBC or specialty dinner that sometimes comes free from TAs still happens if you have booked with a TA that uses their amenity points to benefit the client. But TAs can instead use the amenity points to increase their commission.

16 hours ago, chubbypiggy said:

Currently on Majestic and traded my mini bar for 20 large bottles of Voss sparkling water. 2CB9EA98-ED4D-4C37-B9FE-838539B04FF5.thumb.jpeg.3ce0990ef595921b60094c7d1587b8c1.jpeg

AE136FC2-1004-4695-8F87-02AF144567FE.jpeg

do you have to swap your entire mini bar to get the sparkling water? or can you just swap say 6 pop for some water?

On 3/30/2023 at 3:53 PM, coo359a2 said:

Try these magnetic hooks from Amazon.  Put them on ceiling and they are great to hang your clothes to dry.  Also good to hang papers/invitations, photos, etc on your walls.  They unscrew to make packing them easy.

image.png.5c6113ac326f56d4580a865275a77e35.png

Hanging things from the ceiling is a no-no.  In the off case that the sprinkler system might be needed you have the potential of obstructing it and that could have devastiing results. Stick with the clothes line in the bath or hanging stuff off the walls.  🙂

• Like 1