Best way to book?

nhtravels

Long time NCL cruiser (and DVC owner), but new to DCL.  

We are considering a Disney cruise for next April vacation (combined with a stay at Copper Creek (one of our home resorts).  We'll need 4 cabins (DH and myself, who usually sail in the Haven on NCL), DS, DDIL and 2 littles (4 and 2), DS, DDIL and 3 littles (5, 3 and 20 mos.) and DD and 2 littles (7 and 5).

Is the best way to book this through a TA?  I'm well versed in booking my own NCL cruises and our DW stays, but this is new for me!  

Lastly, we were considering only doing a 3 night cruise (but not getting off in Nassau, instead staying on ship, effectively using that as our "Sea Day").  I normally like a 9-15 day cruise myself, but our kids want the cousins to have a DW experience as often as we can take them.  

33 minutes ago, nhtravels said:

Long time NCL cruiser (and DVC owner), but new to DCL.  

We are considering a Disney cruise for next April vacation (combined with a stay at Copper Creek (one of our home resorts).  We'll need 4 cabins (DH and myself, who usually sail in the Haven on NCL), DS, DDIL and 2 littles (4 and 2), DS, DDIL and 3 littles (5, 3 and 20 mos.) and DD and 2 littles (7 and 5).

Is the best way to book this through a TA?  I'm well versed in booking my own NCL cruises and our DW stays, but this is new for me!  

Lastly, we were considering only doing a 3 night cruise (but not getting off in Nassau, instead staying on ship, effectively using that as our "Sea Day").  I normally like a 9-15 day cruise myself, but our kids want the cousins to have a DW experience as often as we can take them.  

If you're interested in booking multiple rooms (needing everyone to be close, have same dining seating, etc), my suggestion is to use a travel agent.  

Edited by Shmoo here
  • Like 2

Just because of the logistics of multiple cabins and a resort stay, and that you've never booked a cruise with DCL before, I'd suggest you work with a TA who has experience with DCL. It will just make it so much easier and they can spend the time on the phone if necessary, not you. Just make sure you let them know clearly what your criteria are for rooms - proximity to each other, type of room you expect (size, beds, etc.), whether they need to be connecting, etc. Let them do the legwork. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all!  I'm going to get a price quote from a TA for the cabins this week.  We aren't using our DVC points for the cruise.  Instead, we'll sell some points and using the cash to pay for the cruise.  

Of course now the "kids" want to consider the option of a 7 day on the Fantasy -or- the aforementioned split DW stay and 3 night cruise.  First world problems, when Mom and Dad are funding the trip!  LOL

• 2 weeks later...

We have sailed a lot but never on Disney.  

We are looking to book 2 cabins ( Concierge) for family cruise.

I just heard back from travel agent regarding this booking.

Very surprised that Disney policy is deposit is non refundable and any change to cruise date or passengers names will result in a cancellation.

I knew about Non Refundable Deposit but, understood that if something came up before final payment, we could shift deposits to a different week. 

Has Disney Cruise Lines recently changed Terms and Conditions of US bookings??

3 hours ago, phissy said:

We have sailed a lot but never on Disney.  

We are looking to book 2 cabins ( Concierge) for family cruise.

I just heard back from travel agent regarding this booking.

Very surprised that Disney policy is deposit is non refundable and any change to cruise date or passengers names will result in a cancellation.

I knew about Non Refundable Deposit but, understood that if something came up before final payment, we could shift deposits to a different week. 

Has Disney Cruise Lines recently changed Terms and Conditions of US bookings??

Concierge has always been a non-refundable deposit.  In many cases, they will allow you to move it to a new cruise, but, even if you move it to a "regular" booking (not Concierge) the deposit remains non-refundable.

• Thanks 1