Possible Newbie With Questions

Lastdance

So, I have been thinking about Vista’s TA for May 1, 2025. Today, I put a PH1 on hold for a week to help with my decision.  Unfortunately, the ones with the larger balconies on deck 11 were all taken, but I do have some questions.

1.  Is there a place to get early morning coffee around 6:00 AM?

2.  Do any of the dinner restaurants ever open before 6:30 PM?

3.  What are the hours for the fitness center?

Thank you in advance for helping me decide on this cruise; any other information that you have to offer would be most appreciate.

4 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

So, I have been thinking about Vista’s TA for May 1, 2025. Today, I put a PH1 on hold for a week to help with my decision.  Unfortunately, the ones with the larger balconies on deck 11 were all taken, but I do have some questions.

1.  Is there a place to get early morning coffee around 6:00 AM? Executive lounge /room service

2.  Do any of the dinner restaurants ever open before 6:30 PM?  not sure on Vista  but not usually on the other ships

3.  What are the hours for the fitness center? I believe they open 6:30 am to 8 on the other ships

Thank you in advance for helping me decide on this cruise; any other information that you have to offer would be most appreciate.

hopefully someone will have more info 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

Vista has not even had her first cruise yet.

Seriously, anything specific is speculation at this point.  This is not just a new ship.  It's a new class of ship on a cruise line that will have a new CEO.  

I would hope that they do more than just imitate an O class ship, otherwise what is the point?  

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

Vista has not even had her first cruise yet.

I understand, but since this is my first cruise, just thought about a few questions that are so important, especially coffee for my DH and earliest dinner time.  Yes, of course things could change, but maybe for the better?  We want to spend time in Portugal, so thought this might be a good way, even though we have been to almost all the ports before, but enjoy TA’s.

4 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

I understand, but since this is my first cruise, just thought about a few questions that are so important, especially coffee for my DH and earliest dinner time.  Yes, of course things could change, but maybe for the better?  We want to spend time in Portugal, so thought this might be a good way, even though we have been to almost all the ports before, but enjoy TA’s.

We can answer what is current on the ships now sailing but that could change when Vista sets sail later this Spring....

• Like 1

We are currently on Sirena.  This voyage is also a TA.

1.  Coffee Corner in Horizons opens at 6:30 am.  Baristas also opens at 6:30 am.  

2.  All dinner venues (GDR, Terrace Cafe and Specialties) open at 6:30 pm.

3.  Fitness Center opens at 6:00 am.

Room Service is 24x7 with a fairly extensive menu.   However my husband says the Room Service coffee is undrinkable.

Joe

Edited by JoePDX
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lastdance said:

1.  Is there a place to get early morning coffee around 6:00 AM?

2.  Do any of the dinner restaurants ever open before 6:30 PM?

3.  What are the hours for the fitness center?

1. As was suggested, the executive lounge (for PH and up) is open all day and night. The coffee machine does espresso, but the americano from the machine is better than the regular coffee.

2. Normally the dinner venues open at 6:30. However, on  some recent (full?) cruises the GDR and specialties have been opening at 6 although the 6 pm seatings were not available for specialty reservations before embarkation. So the answer is "maybe, but don't count on it". If needed, there are sandwiches at tea and various snacks at Baristas, plus room service to tide you over.

3. Fitness center hours have been 6 am to 10 pm in the past.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lastdance said:

Definitely first world issues, but having coffee available for my DH is extremely important early in the morning, even though if you met him, he would be exceptionally well mannered, even before his coffee.  I am happy that you were entertained with my words, as that is always a bonus!  Having said that, who better to go to to predict the future, especially since this would be a first cruise on Oceania for us.  So many on Celebrity are raving about how wonderful everything is onboard.  You are all celebrities and just did not know it! 

Thank you!

You are in a PH  just make arrangements with your Butler to bring GOOD coffee  at the  time your DH would like it in the morning

If peckish before dinner time

Waves is usually open until 4pm

Afternoon tea  4-5 pm

Canapes can be delivered to your PH by the butler  about 5pm

Barristas have snacks  all day

Happy hour  5-6 pm  have some small snacks

also room service you could order something to tide you over until dinner

You will not go hungry  unless you choose to

More info on the Vista  will emerge in May

I imagine the service will be similar to the other ships 

Time will tell

Enjoy

• Thanks 1

@Lastdance

Easy Q’s. Barista’s will be THE place for his GOOD coffee at 6:00 a.m.or soon thereafter.  There will be a bakery as a part of the new set up on Vista which will really make this THE place to start your mornings. Absolutely the BEST  coffee aboard, expect it to be Illy brand as on all the other ships. 
We recently booked our Specialty reservations for Vista and they were now offering dinner starting at 6:00 p.m.

The Fitness Center would probably remain as previously stated. 
We should be able to share more information after we are aboard May 13-20. 🙏👍🤪🛳️

Mauibabes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1