LIVE ? From Edge - Amazon FireStick?

FRMPEI

Just embarked on Edge Today. Has anybody had any success in hooking their Amazon FireStick to their in Suite Tv on Edge not a Solstice class ship?  If so please respond. 

Thanks in Advance,

Kevin Reid

Have not tried on a ship, but will say that depending on your itenerary and what you are trying to watch, you may have some limits due to being international.  (Per experience land based- some things worked, some did not, just licensing in some countries, but then, just watch pick something else).

2 hours ago, r2h2 said:

Hopefully, Jim-Ian chimes in.  He knows how to hook these gadgets up.

Thanks, I have hooked up external devices on Silhouette because they use HDMI as their input source but, Edge uses RJ45 (Ethernet) as input source.

Regards, 

Kevin Reid

I've been able to hook up both FireStick and Roku on al classes of ships -  M - S and E (only Edge).

With all ships the main challenge is to Log onto the ship's wifi using the captive logon portal.   Roku uses a work around where you can connect you phone to the Roku and then use a web site to logon.  Firestick is suppose to open a popup but I've never been able to get it to do so.

The work around is to create a hotspot using your PC or mini router -  

On 3/28/2023 at 4:57 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I've been able to hook up both FireStick and Roku on al classes of ships -  M - S and E (only Edge).

With all ships the main challenge is to Log onto the ship's wifi using the captive logon portal.   Roku uses a work around where you can connect you phone to the Roku and then use a web site to logon.  Firestick is suppose to open a popup but I've never been able to get it to do s

Hi Jim, 

Thanks for reply.  I had no problem getting a popup on my fire stick at the embassy suites in Fort Lauderdale. My question to you is how did you get your firestick or Roku device hooked into HDMI Device on your Edge stateroom tv? I actually searched YouTube and found the remote codes to get to a menu that would take it out of hotel mode but, did want to mess with that. Sticking the firestick in an available HDMI port does nothing until I know how you got tv to switch to this source?  I actually have a similar device you referenced YouTube video.  

As I type this from my new iPad mini from the iLounge store.

regards,

Kevin Reid