OBC to pay for Princess Plus?

Moniker

My DH and I have decided to go for the Princess Plus package for our very short 3 day cruise down the Pacific Coast. We have a hefty OBC thanks to travelling with kids - a total of $400 USD for our cabin. We want to use some of the OBC to cover our Princess Plus package. We still have 30+ days before we embark. I'm wondering, if we go ahead and add Plus to our booking now, can we use our OBC to cover it? Or do we have to wait until we board the boat and them add Plus? If the latter, how do we do this and is it still the same cost of $60 USD/person/day?

Thanks for your help!

42 minutes ago, Moniker said:

My DH and I have decided to go for the Princess Plus package for our very short 3 day cruise down the Pacific Coast. We have a hefty OBC thanks to travelling with kids - a total of $400 USD for our cabin. We want to use some of the OBC to cover our Princess Plus package. We still have 30+ days before we embark. I'm wondering, if we go ahead and add Plus to our booking now, can we use our OBC to cover it? Or do we have to wait until we board the boat and them add Plus? If the latter, how do we do this and is it still the same cost of $60 USD/person/day?

Thanks for your help!

You have to be on board to use the obc to pay for Plus.  

Iirc you can buy it through the app, once on board, or go to customer services. Cost remains at $60pppd. 

• Like 1

Thank you for the information! I will definitely buy it on board then. Hopefully it's pretty hassle free to do so. DH wanted to head to the bar for fun cocktails right away haha But we'll have to do a pit-stop at CS desk or attempt to do it on our device first.

9 hours ago, Moniker said:

Thank you for the information! I will definitely buy it on board then. Hopefully it's pretty hassle free to do so. DH wanted to head to the bar for fun cocktails right away haha But we'll have to do a pit-stop at CS desk or attempt to do it on our device first.

You should be able to do it yourself on the app. as soon as you board. Get in line as a back up. I’m not sure where you would go to do it, though. 

On 3/28/2023 at 12:50 AM, happy42cruise said:

Also keep in mind if you purchase before you are onboard it may raise your fare and/or your vacation protection cost if you purchased that. Just something to watch out for.

We recently completed a B2B2B2B2B on  the Discovery Princess. On the last seven day segment I bought the Princess Plus package using OBC. There was a woman posted just outside Gigis taking care of it. I thought the charge would be 7x2x$60=$820. Actually my folio showed $909.86. I assumed the difference was extra insurance cost, but it might have been something else. I didn’t bother to look into it.

Edited by billco

23 minutes ago, billco said:

We recently completed a B2B2B2B2B on  the Discovery Princess. On the last seven day segment I bought the Princess Plus package using OBC. There was a woman posted just outside Gigis taking care of it. I thought the charge would be 7x2x$60=$820. Actually my folio showed $909.86. I assumed the difference was extra insurance cost, but it might have been something else. I didn’t bother to look into it.

My mistake $840