Let's talk balconies

pathi

I am about to sail on the Caribbean Princess in a few weeks. I have really started to notice all the balcony categories Princess has now. 

During the upgrade bid process I can Bid on these:

Balcony

Premium Balcony

Premium Deluxe Balcony

Deluxe balcony

And a Window suite for good measure.

There does not seem to be a lot of difference, other than Deluxe balcony has a small couch. The rest is all about location. Aft facing balconies, Caribe deck balconies etc.

So I guess no more booking early to get that primo extended baclony. At least without paying more.

We have been an inside, oceanview, balcony and suite.  We always get a balcony now because we want to be able to go out on the balcony and "view" - we do not spend a lot of time on the balcony, but I will go out to read my book for an hour or so.

that said:

My husband likes having a couch, so on our cruise coming up, we had a balcony.  I put in a bid for the deluxe balcony because it says that the cabin has a couch - not concerned with the size of the balcony - just as long as it has one.  We did get our bid of $80 total accepted.

21 minutes ago, roxievegas said:

that said:

My husband likes having a couch, so on our cruise coming up, we had a balcony.  I put in a bid for the deluxe balcony because it says that the cabin has a couch - not concerned with the size of the balcony - just as long as it has one.  We did get our bid of $80 total accepted.

The OP is on the Caribbean Princess. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe the balcony categories are only for location on that ship. I don’t believe you can get a couch unless you go with a mini suite. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Poulsbo Cruisers said:

The OP is on the Caribbean Princess. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe the balcony categories are only for location on that ship. I don’t believe you can get a couch unless you go with a mini suite. 

I mixed all of the balcony types across the fleet. On Caribbean I think there are no Deluxe balconies with a couch.

Caribbean Princess

Balcony Category cabins are designated BA to BF and then B1, B2, and B4

All balcony category cabins have the same interiors. All port and starboard balconies on decks 11, 12, 14 & 15 are 9ft x 5ft and covered. Balcony cat cabins on deck 10 have a 9ft x 9ft balcony which are half covered.

B1 & B2 cabins are on deck 10 mid ship with BE and BD forward and aft. All are the same except for location.

Decks 11, 12, 14 & 15,  BA to BF depending on the deck and location on the deck. They are all the same except for location.

B4 cabins are at the stern. The interiors are the same as other balcony cat cabins. Balcony sizes & cover vary.

The word "premium" has to do with location. These are the B1 & B2 cabins on deck 10. These cabins do have the larger balcony, but you also get a larger balcony with cats BE and BD on the same deck.

There are no deluxe balcony cabins on the Caribbean Princess. Search the deck plans.

There are 7 window suites on deck 6. They are full suites and are a nice value if you can get one of them. 

Edited by skynight