Excursions!

elmsliebev

I've read some of the other posts on Oceania's excurstions but I'm still confused!

If we take the 4 excursions OLife option, I've read not all excursions are available through that (though of course we could buy them separately). I attach a screen shot of some excursions in Osaka. The one we would want is the Highlights of Kyoto. Is there any way to tell if that would be included in the "free" excursions? Just trying to decide if it would be better to take the excursions or OBC (don't want the drinks package).

many thanks

Screenshot2023-03-286_05_25PM.thumb.png.ee7a6a844be3954950ba9714ef776651.png

If it has OS or WT  or any other letters next to the walking people it is not included in the  "Free" options

T & C's

OLife Choice free shore excursions vary by voyage and exclude Oceania Select, Oceania Exclusive, Executive Collection, Food & Wine Trails, Wellness Discovery Tours by Aquamar, Go Local, Go Green, Beyond Blueprints and Culinary Discovery Tours.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/legal/promotion-terms/

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

If it has OS or WT  or any other letters next to the walking people it is not included in the  "Free" options

T & C's

OLife Choice free shore excursions vary by voyage and exclude Oceania Select, Oceania Exclusive, Executive Collection, Food & Wine Trails, Wellness Discovery Tours by Aquamar, Go Local, Go Green, Beyond Blueprints and Culinary Discovery Tours.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/legal/promotion-terms/

many thanks for clarifying this for me. 

Several people mentioned that you can select any excursion that is priced up to $200.

However, O FAQs says otherwise:

Any standard shore excursion that is not designated as an Oceania Select, Oceania Exclusive, or any private vehicle offered as part of our Executive Collection program may be selected as part of the O Life Choice Free Shore Excursion amenity.

https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005361193-Which-shore-excursions-can-be-selected-as-part-of-the-O-Life-Choice-Free-Excursions-amenity-

There is no mention of any price limit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think the $200 remark was  made as most of the "free"  are usually $200 or less

Maybe some are more   for us Canadians  on the Canadian site  they are  higher  as they are in CAD $

• Like 1

On 3/28/2023 at 8:54 PM, Cape Hernlopen said:

Dear "E":

If you are considering the June 2 2023 Bangkok to Tokyo cruise on Insignia please note that the regular (non-OS tour)  Highlights of Kyoto tour and OS Highlights tour have been sold out and unavailable for the past 45+ days.

Joel Barry

many thanks. We have taken the plunge and booked but it isn't till October 2024 so hopefully we can get tours that we want. It's Regatta, Japan - Singapore so plenty of interesting places. 

3 hours ago, ak1004 said:

Several people mentioned that you can select any excursion that is priced up to $200.

However, O FAQs says otherwise:

Any standard shore excursion that is not designated as an Oceania Select, Oceania Exclusive, or any private vehicle offered as part of our Executive Collection program may be selected as part of the O Life Choice Free Shore Excursion amenity.

https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005361193-Which-shore-excursions-can-be-selected-as-part-of-the-O-Life-Choice-Free-Excursions-amenity-

There is no mention of any price limit.

Good luck finding one that is over $200 that you can book using Olife.  

38 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

Good luck finding one that is over $200 that you can book using Olife.  

But this is not necessarily a bad thing. That means that all their regular excursions (not OS, OE etc) are under $200 and can be booked with Olife for $100.

On our upcoming cruise in May, there are plenty of excursions that seem very good quality and similar to what private companies like Spain Day Tours offer. The only difference is the size of the groups, but from our experience, O doesn't overload buses, so 25-30 people is usually an average size.

I don't know another cruise line where you can book most tours for $100. I'm pretty sure Celebrity is much more expensive.

Dear "E":

We were on Regatta for the Tahiti to Darwin cruise November 2022.  The ship, food and staff were outstanding.  We had a wonderful time even though a number of ports were changed or dropped.  We considered the Regatta cruise that you are taking but it was too far off for us. Our cruise offers a similar itinerary and we do not purchase "green bananas".

Joel Barry