Mariner veranda suite bathroom advice

I'm looking to finalize a booking on Mariner next year.  My TA has been assured that the last available veranda suite has a shower AND a bathtub (deck plan has no star/circle).  I don't trust that; my expectation is it's shower/tub combo which would be a deal killer for me.  Permanently damaged knee from a slip getting out of a bathtub on Celebrity.  I travel solo and it took me an hour to get up (no way I was going to thump on the walls for help).  I don't care if the shower is tiny with a curtain as long as it's separate and no climbing is required.  Thank you in advance for any advice. 

21 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Or call Regent and ask them about that cabin?

She did at my request.  I was fairly certain the answer provided to her by the Regent rep, tub AND separate shower, was wrong.  The answer mrlevin provided is exactly what I thought Regent would have confirmed.  BTW, accessible was offered as an alternative but I'm not sure that would be cricket.  Time to research Plan B.

Edited by goofysmom99

23 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

She did at my request.  I was fairly certain the answer provided to her by the Regent rep, tub AND separate shower, was wrong.  The answer mrlevin provided is exactly what I thought Regent would have confirmed.  BTW, accessible was offered as an alternative but I'm not sure that would be cricket.  Time to research Plan B.

Accessible is shower ONLY; with wheelchair accessible shower.

If you have a bad knee taking an accessible cabin is fully within your rights.  I agree getting into those bathtubs is a game changer for anyone with any mobility problem.  We have declined two Mariner suites lately because they only had the combo.

• Thanks 1

We were on Mariner in 2018.  Up to and including Penthouse no star means bath/shower combo (don't know about the higher suites).   Be aware the tubs seem to have high sides and low ceiling. So it's a fairly big step in and out and if you're over 6 feet tall you'll have to duck.  

I also agree with Ladys Mom, if you have knee issues and can't climb into the tub and the only alternative is an accessible suite, take it as you have a disability that precludes you from climbing into the tub.   You can always try to switch if a cabin with shower opens up.