Zadar - near the cruise terminal, easy to get around?

Hi CCs 

we are thinking of booking a Krka excursion which goes for 5 hours 

so we would be dropped off back at the NCL cruise terminal with a few hours to spare 

is getting around Zadar near the ships port easy? is there plenty to see there or do we need to hop back in a 2nd tour or taxi? 

please send ideas to fill in a few hours 🙂 

if it makes any difference we have 2 children aged 6 and 9 with us. 

is getting around Zadar near the ships port easy?

Have just now posted this on your other Zadar thread.

We had expected to be docked in Zadar town almost next to the Sea Organ, but instead found ourselves at an out of town cruise terminal with shuttle buses to get us into town.  I don't know if that is the norm or was a one off for a particular reason, but that is where we were. Shuttles dropped off and picked up from that same location very close to the Sea Organ and promenade, no more than 5 minutes on foot from the centre of town.   There will be enough in town to fill in those extra hours, and you may all be tired from your shorex and wanting to relax onboard instead of venturing out. 

The kids (and adults too) will love the Sea Organ. We thought it the best sight in town.

thank you so much for mentioning the Sea Organ. I haven't heard of it before and I think you're right on the money - we will try get there as I believe we would be pleased to see the kids show interest in this!! 

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
On 3/29/2023 at 10:12 AM, edinburgher said:

is getting around Zadar near the ships port easy?

Have just now posted this on your other Zadar thread.

We had expected to be docked in Zadar town almost next to the Sea Organ, but instead found ourselves at an out of town cruise terminal with shuttle buses to get us into town.  I don't know if that is the norm or was a one off for a particular reason, but that is where we were. Shuttles dropped off and picked up from that same location very close to the Sea Organ and promenade, no more than 5 minutes on foot from the centre of town.   There will be enough in town to fill in those extra hours, and you may all be tired from your shorex and wanting to relax onboard instead of venturing out. 

The kids (and adults too) will love the Sea Organ. We thought it the best sight in town.

Same with us - on Oceania Riviera.  Shuttle buses into town where we met our guide.  What an interesting place!!

12 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

Same with us - on Oceania Riviera.  Shuttle buses into town where we met our guide.

I wonder if all ships regardless of size are now berthing out of town, as I would have thought smaller ships like Riviera would have been berthed by the sea organ as they were back in the day before the world turned topsy turvy..

BTW, did the kids (and adults!) enjoy the sea organ?

16 hours ago, edinburgher said:

I wonder if all ships regardless of size are now berthing out of town, as I would have thought smaller ships like Riviera would have been berthed by the sea organ as they were back in the day before the world turned topsy turvy..

BTW, did the kids (and adults!) enjoy the sea organ?

We were berthed at the Sea Organ in April this year - Azamara Journey.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, fruitmachine said:

We were berthed at the Sea Organ in April this year - Azamara Journey.

Not a massive difference in ship size between them although Riviera is bigger.  I wonder if there are different fees for the two locations and Azamara maybe paid a higher price?  Or it may be determined by the number of ships there on a given day and their length, and the port authorities make the decisions.  I expect passengers will never know for sure.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/28/2023 at 6:34 PM, bianks said:

Hi CCs 

we are thinking of booking a Krka excursion which goes for 5 hours 

so we would be dropped off back at the NCL cruise terminal with a few hours to spare 

is getting around Zadar near the ships port easy? is there plenty to see there or do we need to hop back in a 2nd tour or taxi? 

please send ideas to fill in a few hours 🙂 

if it makes any difference we have 2 children aged 6 and 9 with us. 

Although we are going on a different ship, I am interested in going to Krka…can you tell me which tour you are going on? Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...