Titanic museum question in Halifax

shiny1

First time to this port. We’re interested in the Titanic Museum and possibly the cemetery.

Is it best to see the museum on our own to have more time there, or as a tour?

Any input from people who have done this will be appreciated! Thank you!!

9 minutes ago, shiny1 said:

First time to this port. We’re interested in the Titanic Museum and possibly the cemetery.

Is it best to see the museum on our own to have more time there, or as a tour?

Any input from people who have done this will be appreciated! Thank you!!

It's been some time since we last were there at the Museum. It was very interesting with many areas of Maritime Subjects but also included the Titanic Section I believe on the Second Floor. We even saw one of the Promenade Deck Chairs and Safety Vests off the ship. We are returning in July and may stop by to see if any new added.

Since the Cemetery is a distance, we did it with a Ship's Tour. Very interesting to see the one location of Grave Stones. But ship's telegrapher and one of the children that was on board.

Truly history.... 

The MMA (Maritime Museum odd Atlantic ) is a 11 to 15 easy walk from ship. Admission about $10 Canadian. There are five or six main exhibits and Totanic and Halifax Explosion are two of the five. If it’s included with a ships tour you get a 45 min stop to tour on your own and back to bus. The Cemetery is in another part of Halifax and a taxi is fine. Another possibility is HOHo which stops at Museum and then later at Cemetery plus 10 other stops. It comes every 20 or 25 minutes. When I give my private tours, I will take guests to museum

first then to cemetery before heading out to other places like Peggy’s Cove or city locations

If you decide you may want a private tour with a small group, check out Halifax Historical Titanic Tours with Paul McNeill...Just one of the best tours we've done. Highly Recommended !!

• 2 weeks later...